Nate Jacobs- "I'm pretty sure I would have remembered you"

Description: an encounter between Nate and y/n
Warnings: probably swearing
*******************************************
Chris McKay one of the most popular people at the school and tonight he was throwing a party, and he'd invited pretty much the whole school. Tonight was the night I was going from being a wallflower to someone people actually noticed. Over the summer I had changed my look in a drastic way, I didn't have much longer at high school and I wanted to make it last.

I got changed into a black skin tight dress adding a denim jacket over it. I pairs some black boots with the outfit. I left my hair down. I took one last look in the mirror before heading to the party.

By the time I reached the party it was in full swing. Out the front there were a bunch of people who already seemed pissed. I walked past the people in the front receiving a few glances as I walked past. Inside was packed, everyone was pretty much rubbing against one another. I pushed through the kitchen and towards the kitchen ready to get my drink on. In the kitchen there was a bunch of alcoholic beverages, I scanned the selection before deciding on a simple beer. I had to give McKay credit he knew how to throw a party I mean with everything. I stood looking around drinking my drink, I received a few looks from people but I just ignored them. It wasn't worth giving them my time, I just wanted to enjoy myself but I was finding it hard to.
"Y/n?" I turned to see Kat walking over to me a plastic cup in hand.
"Kat" I smiled at the girl before pulling her into a hug.
"Wow look at you" she looked me up and down.
"Does it look okay?" I questioned feeing a little insecure.
"Okay? You look amazing" she laughed reassuring me.
"Thank you Kat" I smiled looking at her.
"No problem" she took a drink of whatever was in her cup.
"So what do you usually do at these parties?" I asked her as I surveyed the room.
"Just you know talk, dance, get drunk, hook up" she shrugged as she spoke. "Look y/n just go out there and mingle" she pointed to the groups of individuals.
"Uh sure" I placed my cup down before walking and trying to mingle with those around me.

After twenty minutes of attempting and failing at mingling I decided to head to the bathroom. I think my main reason was just to hide from everyone. How could I think I could do this. I made my way up the stairs and opened doors till I found the right one.
"What the hell" as soon as I opened the door I was greeted by a Nate Jacobs. He was stood in front of the sink looking at me.
"Shit I'm sorry" I stood at the door.
"Well are you just going to stand there" Nate seemed rather angry.
"Uh no, I-um" I began stuttering over my words.
"Who even are you?" Nate asked looking me up and down.
"The names y/n y/l/n. I'm in your maths class" I bite the bottom of my lip out of nervousness.
"No I'm pretty sure I would have remembered you" he replied again looking me over. I again suddenly began to feel insecure.
"Well I was. I remember the day you said to Mr Davidson 'your barely in your thirties and your receding hairline is pretty much visable from space'" Nate laughed as repeated what he had said.
"Yeah I remember that day to. I think that's one of the best things I've said" he seemed calmer then when I first walked in.
"So what are you doing hiding in the bathroom" I asked taking a few steps into the room shutting the door. Nate didn't say anything. "I'll tell you the reason I'm hiding in here"
"What makes you think I care" he replied.
"Fine I was just trying to make conversation. Don't have to be an asshole about it" I crossed my arms as I stared the boy who seemed amused when I called him an asshole.
"You seem like an okay person" he said
"Oh yeah I always try to be just an okay person" I walked over to the bathtub sitting on the edge.
"I'm trying to avoid Maddy" I nodded my head. Maddy was Nates on and off girlfriend.  No one actually ever knew whether they were together or not.
"I'm guessing the two of you are broken up again" Nate nodded. "You can't avoid her forever, so I say you just go down there and face it head on" Nate looked down at the ground as a silence fell over the room.

The silence was interrupted by my phone going on. I pulled it out the pocket of my denim jacket checking the name, it was Kat.
"What's up?" I asked as soon as I answered the call.
"Where are you? I have something to tell you" she said.
"In the bathroom, where are you?" I looked over at Nate who was still staring at the ground in thought.
"Downstairs" Kat replied.
"Okay, I'll be there in a second" I stood up and ended the call before making my way over to the bathroom door.
"It's was good talking to you Nate" I said pulling the bathroom door open.
"And you y/n" he nodded with a smile. I returned the smile before leaving the boy alone in the bathroom and making my way to find my friend.

****
Opinions on Nate?
I dislike him but I find him interesting. I mean his a good 'bad' guy.
Let me know you opinions.
Request are open
Feel free to message me
X
C.C