Chapter 23

Okay, so I'm like two months late. It completely slipped my mind, and then I remembered like, a week after the estimated date and then realized I'd only written like, a few paragraphs... And then life went crazy because I moved across the country for an internship, and it took me until now to finally finish it. But it's a fairly long chapter, so that's something right?

Anyway, once again, @sereneur created the wonderful graphic below. As usual, it looks fantastic. But really, have they ever created anything for me that isn't fantastic? That's a hard no. It's always great. :)

Jace, Clary and Celeste followed Meliorn through the forests of the Seelie Glade

Jace, Clary and Celeste followed Meliorn through the forests of the Seelie Glade. The scene was beautiful, and normally Celeste would be taking in her surroundings with a smile. Unfortunately, the fight to come was all she could think about.

Clary was gazing around them with wide eyes.

"Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore."

"Welcome to the Seelie Glade, Clary Fairchild. The remotest edges of it." Meliorn welcomed.

"How did we get here?" She asked.

"There are entrances all through the mundane world." Jace explained.

Meliorn gave a small nod. "You just have to know where to look."

"Why did we have to come here to find my father?"

"Because of your necklace. It's a portal shard." Meliorn explained.

Jace huffed. "Tell us something we don't know."

Celeste hit him on the arm and gave him a meaningful look, asking him to play nice. Meliorn was helping them, and she didn't want him to change his mind.

The Seelie ignored the rude comment and continued.

"How does it work?" He asked.

"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are." Clary explained.

Meliorn nodded and a small smile grew on his lips. "I'm curious, Shadowhunter who knows so much about portals. Did you never wonder why this portal shard doesn't behave the way normal portals do?" He asked smugly.