Welcome To The Family Part 1

Author's Note: This chapter was edited by crossoverLIFE19. Thank you, crossoverLIFE19! 🤗

           One week after the training incident, and I'm told I can't make it on the tourney team. It brings a smirk forward every time I think about it. While Ben, Jay, and Carlos get the greatest disappointment of their lifetime, I get into Ice Tourney. A compromise was guaranteed the day I got in - I can use my staff, so long as I don't use it for flying, or anything against the rules. A real mood lifter - adding on to the fact I'll be able to talk to Dad soon. Family Day is coming up, and the VKs have been promised a day to video chat their parents back on the isle. With nothing to dull my day, I stroll into Remedial Goodness 101 with light whistles and a bounce in my step. I don't bother to give FG any problems, simply sitting in my usual spot as I wait for the day to begin. Ever since Carlos stood up for me, we've made amends. Figure I shouldn't heckle my bestfriend's future mother-in-law. 

               "Jack." Fairy Godmother's voice rings out in the silent room. 

               I look up from my textbook, brows furrowing to see FG standing over me during our study time. 

               "I know everyone is supposed to be going to Evie's Starter Castle tomorrow since Family Day for all of you is in three days. However, I'd like to request that you stay here tomorrow." 

               "What!?" I yell out, standing up in shock and gathering everyone's attention within seconds. 

               "You see, dear, your... other family requested to see you." 

               "O-other family..." 

               Is she talking about who I think she's talking about?

             "Well...your maternal grandfather's coming, Nicholas St. North Overland." 

                  I feel the blood rush out of my head, spiraling into my turning stomach

                 "Also your aunt, Queen Toothiana - your mother's sister."