Chapter 20

Flashes and microphones surrounded her while everyone screamed questions that blur with the others. The lights from the camera brings such a familiar feeling to her, it's like she's reliving that situation all over again.

She takes a deep breath and swallows.

"I stand before all of you to inform that we are taking matters into our own hands and that we are doing everything possible to ensure everyone's safety. I can assure you we are working day and night to not only bring justice to the Jauregui family but to everyone who's in need of our service." Her voice was slightly shaky as she swallows looking at the crowd.

"This past month we have gathered important information on Lauren Jauregui's case, but sadly I can not disclose that information yet. Know that we are getting closer to bringing justice to those families that where torn apart because of this person." Angela addresses the press.

Angela clears her throat. She adjust her visor taking a deep breath.

"I feel the need to inform not only the media, but the Jauregui family as well that we placed into an unpaid leave the two officers that had handled Lauren Jauregui's case. We do not tolerate nor we will accept this type of behavior in this department, every case is to be taken seriously and with care. That's all thank you!" Angela informs making the chatter erupt from everyone. 

Angela steps aside crossing her arms against her chest, letting the Jauregui family now step in to say a few words.

"Do you believe what she said?" One screams "Did you know that your daughter had reached out to authorities?" A woman ask.

"Can you tell us any useful information on your daughters case?" Their questions made them feel suffocated as Michael pleads for them to calm down.

"There are many rumors going around that you guys don't seem to care about your daughter can you clarify on that?"

"We are here to show our support to the police department, but mostly to Angela Basset the woman who has been taking care of our daughters case," Michael turns to the side gesturing the woman who moments ago stood talking to the crowd and addressed her

"through out this tragedy Mrs.Basset has done nothing, but work day in night to bring justice to not only us but to our daughter as well. Words can not describe the hurt we as parents are... are going through day and night" He says with his voice quivering and eyes filling with tears.

Michael clears his throat as Clara gets closer to the microphone.

"Please if anyone knows anything or has seen anything please reach out!" She says holding Michael's hand and giving it a squeeze. Her stance change to a more serious one as she looks straight to the camera in front of her.

"To the person who has our daughter, just know that we will find you! And you will pay for all the pain you have inflicted to our family and the others who have fallen victim to your vile nature." Clara says head held high defiantly. "You'll Pay for everything you've done" she says with a hard look on her face as she takes a step back looking directly at Angela with an indescribable look.

|-/

She's tired of pleading and her prayers falling into deaf ears. He clearly must be working on something more important or maybe he's just taking a vacation up there.

"Hey, are you up there big guy? I've been calling you for the past days? Months?" Lauren questions quirking an eyebrow at the roof. She sighs
"Fucking voice mail, I knew I should have gotten baptized" She murmurs to herself. The room was pitch black and she was looking for ways to think about other things to avoid what all of us think when it's dark and we are alone.

So she starts humming. But she swore she saw something move at the corner of her eye. Which quite honestly wouldn't make much sense to see something moving in such darkness. Now she feels like someone's watching her. Her heart starts hammering against her chest as she sees it again from the other side of the room. The sound of something snapping outside of her window made her jump and scream.

"Our father, who art in heaven, hallowed by thy name..." she quickly start praying. the door is burst open and with it the light from the other room. And she's pretty sure she traded a Devil for Lucifer himself when the woman is standing on the door.

"Are you alright love?" She ask sweetly taking a step inside of the room. The scream had made her jump into action. Lauren's heart speeded up even more by seeing her stand there.

Like a devil her kidnapper was a master of deceit, pain and torment. Even when she wasn't around, Lauren. All Lauren could think about is when she will be back to hurt her.

"Please turn the light on!" She pleads. Her kidnapper lets out a low laugh. That alone was enough to make her shiver. Even when her kidnapper acted like a human which she is, Lauren didn't visualize it that way.

"Do you fear the dark?" She questions, she steps outside again flipping the switch and the light is on.

"I fear what lurks in it" she murmurs with a heavy sigh. Camila gets closer to the bed kicking the chain that rested on the floor so she wouldn't stumble with it.

"You shouldn't fear the dark there's nothing in it," Camila says sitting in the bed making it dip. She eyes Lauren with a cold expression.

"You used to be in it! And considering where I am now I have every reason to be fucking terrified of it," Her voice starts rising as she speaks to the point that she's shouting at Camila accusingly. "I have a reason to doubt even my own shadow because of you!" Her cheeks and chest became red out of anger. She stares at Camila in hate and disgust a frown etched on her lips.

Camila yawns a bored look on her face that seemed to agitate Lauren even more. It wasn't normal for a person to be like that. It makes Lauren clench her jaw. A soft smile places itself on Camilas lips.

"I once feared the dark as well," Camila admits. "I spent hours on end locked in it. I was so heavily sedated that I came to believe that I was part of it" Camila admits with a distant look as she remembers. "Sometimes they would just let the lights on for days until I didn't know if it was day or night" Lauren's eyes her confused. What was she talking about? And why should she even care?

"I found myself in the darkness that's why I do not fear it." Camila says with a slight nod.

She moves closer to Lauren until she can grab her face softly. Lauren grabs the hand in case she would try to hurt her. Camila gazed into Lauren's eyes for few seconds leaning closer softly.

"You can find yourself in it," Camila's other hand caresses Lauren's thigh as she stares hauntingly at Lauren's eyes. Her hot breath made Lauren's lips tingle every time it hit her. Camila's movements were slow feeling against her cold skin, Lauren's warm one.

"And if I'm in that darkness give into it"

|-/
A/n:
Sorry for not posting in quite a while I had a horrible writers block and I didn't know how to get past it. I also lost motivation to continue the story, but seeing as you guys like the story I decided to continue it for you guys! So yeah you girls basically motivated me to continue it so thanks! @Cabelloshit7 this one is for you! Thank you for supporting the story!

I love seeing you guys voting and commenting so thank you guys for that too!

-TC