Chapter 25

I ignored the panic I felt at knowing that he was the Alpha of the pack that my former pack was enemies with. I was thankful at this moment that I didn't belong to Red Crescent, for Alpha Thane would surely behead me and send my head back to Alpha Wilson.

What's your power? I asked, not thinking he would tell me.

"Try to guess," He smirked, and his fingers motioned towards the bookshelf, and a book came flying into his hands, leaving a slight trace of white shimmering in the air.

Everything?

He laughed boisterously at that. "It's not that broad, darling."

Magic.

He looked pleased. "Correct, young one." Fear struck my heart when I realized how powerful this Alpha truly was. Magic was the most blessed gift from the Moon Goddess, and it was no surprise how Blue Moon is the strongest pack.

Are you going to kill me ?

Thane laughed. "I wouldn't do that. Your mate would kill me."

I raised an eyebrow. I find it hard to believe that anyone could kill you.

"Maybe your mate is stronger than I." He suggested, and I detected a glimmer of mischief in his eyes and smile.

Enough about my mate. I never want to go back to him again. Either give me a place in your pack as a Pack Warrior or kill me where I stand, for I would rather die than go back to him.

He looked concerned momentarily by what I wrote, but his face quickly turned amused. "That's no way to ask an Alpha to join their pack."

I shrugged. I won't beg.

"No, I can't imagine you would," He grinned widely at me, and I was surprised by how informal this Alpha was. "I'll let you know by tomorrow night what my decision is. Until then, you may stay in a guest room, as long as you don't kill my pack members and what not, Reaper." He winked knowingly.

Thane walked me to an empty guest room, and told me I was welcome to help myself to the shower and anything downstairs in the fridge if I got hungry. "You look like you need to eat more." He remarked, none too kindly.

I rolled my eyes. He sounded like Cain.

The mate bond pulled at my heart painfully at his name. Being so far away from him really was straining the bond, and making it tug at me ten times harder as a result.

Thane left me alone, and I couldn't believe my luck at stumbling across such a kind Alpha. I will say, something about him felt slightly off, as if he were hiding something, but I brushed it off, chalking it up to his large amount of power throwing me off.

I used the shower and laid in the bed, opting to not go down to the kitchen, on the off chance that I run into someone. The Pack House was eerily quiet, and it seemed like nobody but the Alpha frequented it. At Blood Lake, there were always people going in and out, and it felt more homely.

I needed to stop thinking of Blood Lake. Come tomorrow, I would be joining Blue Moon, and I would never see that place or that Alpha ever again.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••