Episode 37

Dani walks up to Joe's door after school and knocks softly only having to wait a few seconds before Joe swings open the door with a smile.

"Sorry I'm a little late, I had to grab something from home real quick." Dani explains.

"No worries." He grabs her hand with a large smile and pulls her inside and up the stairs to his room. "I really think you're going to like it."

"Of course I will. Your songs were always amazing but you haven't written one in a while."

He walks over to the side of his bed and grabs his guitar, turning back to her with a smile. "I know, but I had some inspiration. Before I sing, I just want to let you know that most of the song isn't actually mine...it's P!nk's."

She snickers with a raised eyebrow in amusement. "You re-wrote a P!nk song?" He nods with an unsure smile. She snickers and smiles at him before sitting down on his bed. "Alright, let's hear it." He smiles and begins strumming a familiar tune with a new twist on the lyrics. She stares at him in amazement as he sings the song to her with ease. She's so caught up in his smile and the way that he's singing to her that she can't even concentrated on half the lyrics. She manages to catch a few of the lyrics though; 

"you're broken let me make it better glue you back together just give me a try...."

He strums the last part and lowers his pick, smiling at her with curious eyes. She continues starring at him, unaware that the song has ended.

"So...what did you think?"

He breaks her trance and she smiles at him before nodding. "That was amazing, really."

"You think so? Cause I was planning on singing it to Taylor." Her smile slowly fades and she glances down at her lap for a moment. "I wrote it for her and if you knew what I know about her, you'd see why. I just think it'll make her feel better and hopefully it'll make her see me as a viable option. You think I should?"

She looks back at him, coming back to reality. "Should what?"

"Sing it to her."

"Well, I mean...if you wrote it for her, I think it's only right she gets to hear it." She says it a bit sourly and uninterested.

"I'm going to play it for her I'm just wondering if maybe I should play it in a more public place."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe if I can sing this to her with people around she'll finally understand how amazing she is."

She looks at him with a glimmer of irritation. "I'm pretty sure a girl like her already thinks the world of herself, Adam."

He shakes his head and gives Dani a disappointed look. "You don't know her, Dani and you don't know what she's going through."

Dani rolls her eyes and looks at Joe with bewilderment. "Big deal, so her ass of a boyfriend cheated on her with her bitch of a best friend...anyone could have seen that coming. I don't know why she didn't see it, everyone else could."

He stares at her in shock and disappointment as his anger builds. "You know, I'm getting pretty tired of your incessant ramblings about things you know absolutely nothing about! Taylor is a good person and she doesn't deserve what Chelsea and Nick did to her and I think you're pretty cold to insinuate that she did!"

Dani stares at Joe in shock as she feels tears building in the back of her eyes. Everything she had been feeling for the past few weeks, all the hurt, neglect, all of it was coming to a boil...right there in front of Joe. She couldn't let him see her cry, she just couldn't. She wasn't that strong. She finally stands up from his bed and walks out of his room without a word.