Chapter 1

***Authors Note***
These are a collection of short stories.

Hope y'all enjoy 😉 ~~~ oh and warning this has an Old Daddy in here so don't be surprised 😘

Serena up top^^

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

~•Book One•~

Chapter One

~Serena~

"Sorry but your Financial aid will not cover your courses this semester, you will end up owing if you take these four." My Financial aid advisor told me as she pointed to my classes on the screen. My stomach dropped, if I don't get these classes I'll have to really double up on classes next year.

"Is there anything I could do? I really need those classes." I asked her and she just sighed.

"You could either take out a student loan, use a credit card to cover, or wait for your grants." I swallowed hard. I don't want debt, anything but that. Should I just wait it out...? But then I'll be behind. I don't wanna be that senior who hasn't left college yet. My head drops, defeated. I thank my advisor and head out. Not knowing what I was going to do exactly but I need to figure it out before this semester ends. I've never been this tired or exhausted in my life. Whenever you think about college you think about having fun and partying and just spending time with your friends. But it's honestly nothing like that... I only have two friends here. The classes and my finances keep me from doing anything fun. Like going out and partying, so not really a nightclub girl I guess. Oh the names Serenity but everybody calls me Serena. I passed the tall windows around campus, taking in my disheveled appearance. My usual rich brown skin seemed to have paled after this visit, circles prominent under my eyes. My hair is a mess and all over the place, yep. Another year... another day as a college student.

"Why you look so down beautiful?" I stopped in my tracks when I heard her voice. It was Abby, my second friend here. Me and her actually go way back. She's the only one from middle and high school who's still my friend. She's a tall glass of Asian beauty. Honestly she be a model if she wanted but instead she wants to be a marine biologist but hey, I'm not mad at her.

"I need to go to your apartment and have a few drinks." I said leaning on her as we walked. Our apartments are right across the halls from each other here on campus. So lucky us, we see each other pretty much everyday.

"Uh oh, you drinking? Can't be good." She said wrapping an arm around my shoulder. Oh it's not.

**At Abby's apartment**

"So have you told your dad?" Abby asked as we sipped our wine. I sighed dreading telling my dad. Me and my dad have an excellent relationship especially since he's the only parent I have and known. My mother passed away when I was a kid. She was in the military and the only thing I remember is being handed a folded flag from some Marines at her funeral. I have a picture of her in my apartment to never forget her but I wish I knew or had even he smallest memory of her. So that left my father Jeremiah so raise me on his own. Sure we struggle every now and then but hey, he's given me the best life he could. But I don't want to burden him with this. We already have too much going on.

"No... he's already worried enough." I say and pour myself another cup.

"Serena-" Abby was cut off but knocking at her door. She peeped through the viewer and smiled at me. As she swings open the door Scotty our other friend comes busting through with pizza and liquor.