13| 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘺 𝘰𝘧 𝘚𝘶𝘯𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘦

・ 。゚☆: *

・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.
13| The Ray of Sunshine
・ 。゚☆: *. ☆彡゚.

𝐒𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝙃𝙖𝙬𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙨 𝘾𝙚𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮

-"FEAR NOT FOR I AM WITH YOU." Pastor Charles read aloud from his black hard cover book. Steve stood next to Joyce during the burial. He had seen Stella's "body", and without a word, walked out of the Coroner without signing any papers. He trusted Joyce about that. One thing that amazed him, was that his parents were partying in "who-knows-where", didn't know about any of this. He shook his head at the thought of them having a good time on sunny beach, far away from Hawkins.

"Be not dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. Yes, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand....."

The Pastor continues on, but Steve starts to tune him out. He thinks back to the day when he saw his sister, alive, and well, not well. He couldn't have imagined it. His imagination could never make up anything that detailed and different.

He looks over at Joyce who's staring harshly at her "sons" casket. He places his hand on her shoulder and gives it a light squeeze. Jonathan looks over at him in confusion, but Steve doesn't look in his direction. Joyce places her hand on top of his and squeezes it. She felt comforted to know, that someone believed, even if it was, the King of Hawkins High himself, Steve Harrington.

"-and to surround Will Byers, and Stella Harrington's families....."

-"Just wait till we tell Will and Stella that Jenifer Hayes was crying at their funeral."

Dustin whispers to the boys in a hushed tone. None of them felt any real signs of sadness, because they knew that their friends were alive. An adult shushes them before they can say anymore.

( • • • )

-"Mr. Clarke?" Mike asks his teacher at the reception.

-"Oh, hey there." Mr. Clarke smiles down at the Wheeler boy.

"How are you boys holding up?" He asks them with sympathy. The boys look amongst  themselves and immediately go into their "mourning act".

-"We're....... in........ mourning......" Lucas puts his head down as he takes another bite of a Nilla wafer.

-"Man, these aren't real Nilla Wafers." Dustin shakes his head after eating another cookie. The boys continue to munch on their food while Mr. Clarke sits at their table a bit uncomfortably.