Chapter 1

A/N Hey! This is a second version of my Infinity War reader insert. This one will follow Infinity War, Endgame, and eventually Far From Home etc. exactly (with the exception of the reader being in it).

SUPER IMPORTANT: THIS IS NOT A ROMANCE. THERE IS NO READER X AVENGERS, AND IT WILL NOT END WITH ROMANCE. ALSO IM GONNA TRY TO KEEP THIS ENTIRELY GENDER NEUTRAL, SO ANYONE CAN READ IT. If you pick up on me switching pronouns, tell me and I'll edit the chapter, thanks!

Also I won't be using (Y/N) and will either use nicknames or avoid using your name, you know, for realism. No one says "why-en" in real life.

Also this is set AFTER Spider-Man: Homecoming. The fore-plot won't make much sense without it, so I hope you've seen the movie.

IF YOU HAVE ALREADY READ MY OTHER INSERT, SKIP TO CHAPTER SEVEN AS THAT'S WHERE THE PLOT CHANGES. Or you can read and enjoy the first few chapters again!

Reader's P.O.V

The bell rung loudly, and the classroom suddenly shifted as students packed away their binders, desperate to escape from the final period. I took my time, as did Peter, because we had both agreed to go to the library to finish up a project after school.

As I slid in my final book, Peter asked me, "ready?"

I stood up and pushed my chair into my desk. "Yep, let's go."

We made our way down the corridors, stopping quickly at our lockers to drop off some books and pick a few others up. Unfortunately, that's when Flash decided to make his appearance.

"Hey, it's Penis Parker!" Flash grabbed my friend's shoulders, turned him round and shoved him into the lockers. "Of course you're going to the library now, nerd! It's Friday! Probably don't have a thing planned otherwise."

"Leave him alone, Flash," I butted in. "Haven't you got something better to do?"

The bully turned to me without taking his hands off Peter. "And it's his little sidekick, Toilet Brain!"

I managed to get that nickname after being dunked in the toilet at a party by the same bastard standing in front of me. Flash eventually decided to let go of Peter, before slapping down on the books I was holding, sending my notes everywhere.

"However, unlike you dweebs, I've got stuff to do. So if you'll excuse me," he slammed his foot into the tallest pile of paper he could find and twisted his foot to rip a large hole in most of the sheets, "I'll be going."

Flash strutted off down the hallway, before pushing open the doors at the end and joining his friends outside. I sighed before beginning to collect up all the paper that I could salvage. Peter bent down too to help.

"He's such a dick," Peter muttered.

"Yeah. But it's fine, most of these notes I already have saved online, it's just the ones from Chemistry this morning I haven't uplo- oh." I stopped as I realised the pile of notes Flash had torn were Chemistry notes. I sighed as I leaned forward to add them to my pile to bin.

"You wouldn't mind sending me a copy of yours?" I asked wearily.

"Yeah, sure," Peter smiled at me. He looked down at the notes he had gathered. "You just wanting to bin these then?"

"Yeah. Pass."

He handed me the papers and we both stood back up. I walked over to the bin and deposited my rubbish, then bent down one last time to grab my last few books.

"Good thing you've got that document set up online."

"Yeah, it helps with bullies," I grinned back. Peter had grown taller than me in the last few months, totally unexplained. It did annoy me; I used to be taller.

Peter Parker and I had known each other since we started school together. Ned had known him longer, but I still got on really well with both of them. Though lately, they'd both been a little secretive and distant. I really hope that it fades away; I hated feeling excluded from my good friends.

We rounded the final corner and entered the library, nodding politely at the librarian as we passed.

"Just a reminder that the library closes in an hour," she noted, looking up from her computer for a split second.

"We'll probably be done by then." The librarian nodded at Peter's statement, and went back to who knows what on her computer.

We found a corner of the library with a desktop, as our project was based on a PowerPoint. We'd pretty much finished our script for the presentation, but needed to make the slides. Peter logged in and opened the application as I fiddled around in my pockets for my USB to save it to.

"Oh, crap, Peter I think I left my USB stick in my locker," I said when my fingers failed to grip anything but my phone. I stood up. "I'll go grab it quickly, you start on the..." I scanned our script, "uses of hydrocarbons."

"Yeah, sure, I'll stay here," he smiled up at me. I returned it before spinning round and exiting the library, following the hallways back to our lockers. I spun in my combination, and began my search. Just as I managed to find it, I noticed out of the corner of my eye an older guy, and not a teacher. He was peaking through windows into classrooms, clearly looking for someone or something.

"Probably a parent," I thought.

"Hey!" I announced. He looked up and locked eyes with me, making me feel somewhat on edge. "Who are you looking for?"

Mystery Man walked over to me. He was wearing dirty black overalls, and dark construction boots. Up close, it looked as if he hadn't washed for months, as his hair was greasy and stuck up and weird angles, and dirt was crushed on his face.

"Is he a homeless guy?" I questioned to myself. "Should he even be in here?" Finally he spoke.

"You know Peter Parker?" he asked. His voice was gravelly; husky. I couldn't tell if I could properly trust him, but what harm could admitting I know a 15-year-old boy do?

"Er, yeah, we're good friends. Are you looking for him?"

During our conversation I hadn't noticed that there wasn't just one other person in the hallway, but two. I also didn't notice the other guy creeping up soundlessly behind me. With a brisk nod from the guy in front of me, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, and I saw black.

A/N If that didn't make 100% sense, you and Peter Parker/Spider-Man been good friends for years, but you still don't know about him being Spider-Man.