Chapter 28

Chapter 28

-It's not over yet

Anna's POV

The evening sunlight goes through the think leaves falling on this big black wolf standing in front of me… Standing in front of us. I can fear the scared heart beats of the rogues and even of the wolves of James pack. The dark hair of this black wolf is shining bright and he looks so beautiful, angry, deathly and scary. My face is just a couple of inches away from his. I want to reach out and touch his face.

His wolf jumped over head suddenly going the head of a rogue with his teeth and threw him away by neck. The body of the rogue swing across the clearing of the woods and hot the tree before falling down. There is blood dripping from his neck and for sure he is dead. I look back and find the men at each other's throats. I am so lost at gazing at Bane. Everything changed in split seconds.

The whole plan changed.

All the wolves are fighting. The hardest thing is now no one knows who is on our side and who is on the Rogue's side. But one things is clear, we need to get out of here. We need to get Alika to safe place. I look around to find them. I find the wolves from our pack fighting others. This all feels so brutal.

I find James taking Alika with him and the wolves from his pack are protecting them. Due to her current state, Alika is not able to walk and James is carrying her in his arms. It looks like she passed out. The other wolves are trying to block their path and attack them. I try to change into my wolf form to help them, but for some reason I am not about to. I grit my teeth and try harder.

What is happening? Why am I not about to change into my wolf form?!

I try harder. Then something clicked in my mind. The injection that they gave me… It is causing me not change into my wolf form. I am not even able to connect to my wolf. I try to contact Bane, but there is no use. Whatever they injected in me had cut my links with everyone, including my wolf. The heaviness of the situation dawns on me.

This is bad?!

Looking up, I try to find Bane. His Black wolf is fighting a dark brown wolf.

Bane.

I reach for him. Going to his side. I am running to him on this was ground… The only person in the human form… Not able to connect to my wolf. The wolves seeing me are fighting hard. The evening sun ears are falling on Bane and even in his wolf form… as he turns to look okay me… He looks deathly gorgeous.

“Bane!” Shooting loudly, I go to him. The sound of growls, neck snapping, howling and blood curling screams are rolling through the forest trees. I run towards Bane as his wolf snapped the neck of the wild he had been fighting and turns to come to me. I run faster. I want to be close to him.

I hear the sound of paws thudding loudly behind me and I look back while running forward. It's out Beta. He is fighting any wolf trying to come to me. I reach Bane and hug him tightly, nuzzling my face in my smooth fur. Letting go, I look at him and he growls lightly still angry at me. I can't help the smile on my face. Suddenly, he is on top of me, putting me his under stomach and protecting me.

His big wolf head looking around for any danger or any wolves trying to attack us. You seems to be mind linking as few wolves gather around. Bane got of me and kneels down nodding his head signalling me to get on his back. I quickly do as told and grab on to the fur on his back. Everyone is fighting to two wolves at a time. I don't find James anywhere. Maybe he left with his mate.

I can understand his situation although I may not feel what he feels. It was groundbreaking for him holding her in her in his arms and the person he taught that has died, the person he loves. I don’t believe blame him for leaving us in this situation.

Bane nods his head commanding his man and can I don't know what is about. All the other wolves start running to the north. My grip on his fur tightens and he begins to run forward and I see all the other wolves of our pack running along with him trying to get rid of the Rogues.

I don't think all the Rogues are dead. But we run deep into the dark forest as the moon comes up and the day is over. I don’t know how far we have come. I don’t know where James is. I don’t know where Alika is. All I know is the things didn’t go as per the plan. However, we got Alika. But I don’t know what’s happening anymore. I feel dizzy.

After we have run far enough to be safe, Bane stops and let's the other wolves run. I am sure they must all have been exhausted. I hear the sound of water. There must be a small lake here. The wolves of our pack must be resting there.

Bane kneels down, letting me get down. Once I get down, I got in front and put my hand on his wild face. His eyes are dark green now. I run my hand through his fur and he lets me pet him. This came his wild, but I know, Bane has a lot to say to me. Once we pull away, he shifts into his human form.

I get myself ready for anything that might come. Anger, lecture, yelling… But I know that's not him. However, silence is also not like him. I take in a deep breathe and wait.

Over he shifts completely, he just looks at me and I brace myself for anything to come. But to my surprise, he just looks at me, deep into my eyes and walks past me. I stand there dumb founded. This is not like him at all.

Silent treatment?! Really?! That too from Bane?!

I don't know if I should laugh or just shot at him to talk with me.

I turn around and walk to him, all the while starting at his back. Not the time for it, but can't help it. He is my mate after all. All Mine!

Catching up to, I try to walk beside him. My shirt steps struggling to put my with his long legs.

“So, we are just going to walk in silence then?” I ask trying to say something.

He just walked ahead.

“Say something. Please.” I plead.

He ignores me and again walks past me.

“Well if you don't want me, why bring me back? I will go back to the Rogues.” I try to be dramatic, yet no response. He just keeps going forward. I hurry to him and turn him to me. “Do you want me to go back to them then?”

“You are the one that went to them in the first place.” He finally speaks and I can hear the anger in his voice.

“What?” I am actually shocked to hear him say that. “Really?! You want to be a child right now?!”

“No. They only child here is you!”

“I am a child?!”

“Yes! You never listen to anything and you always put yourself in danger!-“

“What?!-“

“You made plans with James, trusted him and went to the Rogues to get my sister back! What if something happened to you? What about me? Do you ever even consider my feelings?!” He is full on yelling right now. I have never seen him like this.

“Of course, I do! That's why I went to get your sister back!”

“But what if I lost you in this fight?! I am not ready to pay such a prize!”

I don't know what to say to that.

“I am not ready to lose one person for other person that's dear to my heart,” he speaks slowly.

He comes to me and hugs me. I let out a breathe feeling relaxed. For a minute, I forget everything. His arms. They are just home. Everything is right with the world again.

“I love you, Anna. I don't want to lose you for anyone.” He kisses the crown of my head. I smile. Then I remember.

“Where are Alika and James?” I ask still holding him.

“They are safe. They are on their way to their pack house.”

“Did you see Alika?”

He stays silent and I understand. This is hard for him and seeing her like that just have ripped his heart. She is his sister after all. His only family member that's left. I hug him tighter.

“She is home now.” I say laying my head on his chest wanting to hear his heart beat.

“Not yet.”

“What?”

“It's not over yet. We still done know if they are safe. The Rogues are still going to come after us.”

“But I saw James leaving with Alika and…” Then it dawned on me. I did see him leave, but it is not sure if they are safe. They were still fighting when they were leaving. If the rogues can't get me, they will definitely get to her. I look at Bane and he looks like he is mind linking to someone. For a minute it was silent and I concentrated on the sounds in the forest. I can hear our pack wolves.

“We have to go.” Babe takes my hand as he says that. The fuzzy feeling in me is dawning again. What happened to my wolf?

“Where?”

“James and Alika have reached their pack. We need to go.” I want with him and reach the lake surrounded by the pack wolves drinking water.

“They have injected me with something.” I say and Babe torn to me.

“What?”

“I am not able to connect with my wolf.”

Bane takes a deep breathe and sighs. “They injected you with Resistor.”

“Resistor?” I have heard about it before. It cuts ones link with their mate.

My buddy is starting to ache. Bane takes me to the best by tree and lays me down. I lean against the tree. I am starting to sweat.

“I will bring water.” Bane says getting up.

I get up not able to bear the pain. I don't know where I am walking. Vision is completely blurred. I took a few steps and before I know it, I fell down. I am breathing for air.

What is happening?!

I hear leaving crunching and footsteps approaching. It must be Bane.

I see a figure coming to me. I can tell it's not Bane. This person is completely dressed. Bane has turned into his human form and was naked.

Who is this then?

The person comes closer and I gasp once I see who it is.

Josh?!

“What are you doing here?” My voice is barely a whisper. I am still in shock. I thought Bane had put him in the dungeons.

“I am sorry,” he says and he looks like he means it. I look at him feeling confused. Before I can speak, he puts his hand over my mouth and I loose consciousness feeling him catch me. There is only one thing that passes my mind as this happens.

Bane!

A/N:
Hey my cute dumplings!
Here is another one. Hope you liked it. Like I said, the games have just began. Do tell me what you think.
Please VOTE and COMMENT.