Episode 38

Chelsea slams her locker shut while starring at Scarlett and Jake who are across the hall, holding hands and smiling at each other.

Nicole walks up to Chelsea and notices her starring at Scarlett. "I can't believe what she said to you at the dance this weekend. I'm surprised you haven't already pushed her down a well or something."

"You have no idea how much I would love to push that girl down a well." She turns to look at Scarlett with a devious smirk. "But I think I have a better way to make her suffer."

~~~

Dani's walking up to the school building with her books in her hands and a pained expression across her face.

Joe stands in front of her with a smile, causing her to stop. "Hey."

"Hey."

"Look, I'm sorry about what happened yesterday. I got a little too defensive and I never meant to make you feel bad."

She shakes her head. "You're not the one that should be apologizing. You were right, I do say things about stuff...and people I know absolutely nothing about. I'm sure Taylor's a good person. I just...I get a little on edge when you talk about her."

He gives Dani a look of confusion. "Why?"

She opens her mouth slightly, trying to think of something to say but before she can respond Joe's face is taken over by a large smile as he nods. "Oh...I get it." She looks up at him with wide, worried eyes, hoping he didn't really get it. "You're jealous."

Her eyes are about as big as a horse's as she stares at him with her heart pounding through her chest. She manages to squeak out one word. "What?"

He smirks and puts his hands on her shoulders, looking at her with sincerity. "You don't have to worry about anybody taking your place, Landon. You are and will forever be, my best friend." He smiles sweetly and stares at her a moment.

She sighs; partly in relief and another part in sadness for what he never saw and what she never dared say. "Right. Best friends." She nods with a large forced smile, full of fake hapiness.

He nods and pulls her into a tight hug. "So, I'm going to do it." He slowly drops his hands from her shoulders and looks at her with excitement, rubbing his hands together.

She gives him a look of confusion. "Do what exactly?"

"Sing her the song."

She nods and glances at the ground, trying to hide her hurt expression. "When?"

"I was thinking maybe tomorrow...but I might need your help."

~~~

Logan walks up to Mia with a smile and leans against the locker beside hers. "Hey."

She closes her locker and looks at him with a small smile. "Hey."

He gives her a look of concern when he sees the bags under eyes and her tired expression. "You okay? You look tired or something."

She nods and forces a smile. "Yeah, I'm fine."

He forces a small smile, not fully believing her. "So, I was thinking if you wanted to...maybe we could go get something to eat after school?"

She leans her head against her locker before yawning lightly. "But it's a school night."

"Yeah...and? Is your sister really going to care if you're late on a school night?" He tilts his head to the side with a small smile.

She snickers sadly and glances at the ground. "Of course not, but won't your parents care?"

He glances down at the ground in sadness at the mention of his parents then back up at her before shaking his head. "No, definitely not."

She looks at him with curiosity, knowing that he's hiding something but also knowing that prying into his life will only cause him to retreat. She yawns one last time before nodding. "Yeah, okay." She smiles with tired eyes.

"We don't have to, Mia. You look pretty tired. We can just do it tomorrow if you want."

"No, no, I'm fine...really." Along with other things; lying was just another habit she had formed.

~~~

Nick walks up to Mrs. Smithson's desk with a determined expression. Mrs. Smithson takes off her glasses and looks up at him. "Yes, Mr. Jerry? I'm assuming this has something to do with Ms. Landon?"

"Yeah, she's a pain in the ass and she doesn't want to tutor me so you might as well find someone who doesn't have it out for me."

Her eyes slant in disapproval at his language and she makes a quick, snide remark. "I'm afraid that won't be easy to do, Nicholas." He rolls his eyes at her cut and looks down at her with agitation. She leans forwards with a smirk, an idea fresh on her mind. "Alright, tell you what; if you can make nice with Danielle and convince her to be your tutor...I'll give you a free five point jump in the total average of your grade." She smiles, satisfied with herself.

He rolls his eyes. "Woop-ti-doo."

"Obviously, you don't understand the significance of a five point jump in your grade." She looks down at the paper on her desk. "That would, in fact, bring your grade up from an F to a D."

He looks at her with wide, surprised eyes. "Seriously? If I'm making a D I can't get kicked off the team." His look of excitement slowly turns to confusion. "If I can do that, why would I even need Dani's help?"

"With how fast your grades have been slipping; believe me, you're going to need her even if you do get this quick fix."

"You mean it? Five points?"

She nods. "Five points."

He sighs and adjusts the bag on his shoulder before walking towards the door. "If I'm not here tomorrow, be sure to check in Dani's basement."

~~~

Jake throws the football across the field to Cody just as the coach blows the whistle and yells to the team. "Enough for today! By tomorrow I want to see some improvement in those passes, understand?" He hears scattered yes, coach''s as they walk past him to the locker rooms.

Jake wipes his forehead with the tail of his shirt as he feels a hand on his arm. He lowers his shirt and pulls his arm away when he sees Chelsea.

She smiles flirtatiously and drops her hand when he pulls away. "Hey...Jake, right?"

"Yeah....Scarlett's boyfriend...remember?" He walks past her with a slight glare.

She follows after him, maintaining her smirk. "Oh I remember...I was just wondering if you always remember."

He rolls his eyes and he continues to walk with his back to her. She continues to follow close behind him and talks seductively. "Cause...you know, sometimes it's easy to just forget those things...especially if you're...preoccupied." 

He stops suddenly and stands there in shock with his back to her. She walks up behind him and purposely runs her hand along his arm before standing in front of him, extremely close. She smiles and tilts her head to the side, running her finger along his arm. He leans closer to her slowly, making her think he was intrigued before whispering. "Not even if you were slightly attractive." He smirks before walking past her, purposely bumping her shoulder. Her mouth drops in shock and she turns around, watching him with a glare as he walks into the locker room.