Episode 39

Mia's walking down the sidewalk with Logan, just trying to keep herself awake when he smiles over at her. "Thanks for coming with me today...even though you look like you're about to pass out any minute."

She shakes her head and smiles at him with a raised eyebrow. "What? Please..." She smirks and runs ahead of him, doing a front flip and another twist after it. She lands on her feet a bit uneasy and turns to him with a smile, holding her hands up. "See? Completely awake." Her eyes begin to close and she loses her balance, slanting to the left.

He rushes over to her and puts his arms out to catch her before she falls. "Mia?"

She slowly opens her eyes and smiles up at him. "You called me Mia."

"Yeah." He snickers and nods, continuing to look down at her with concern. "Are you okay?"

She nods with a small smile and tries to stand on her own. She feels a bit dizzy but manages to stand up and smile over at Logan, trying to ease his concern. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Alright...well, no more flips, okay?"

"Aw man, you are no fun at all."

He chuckles and continues walking. "Where did you learn to do that anyways? Are you student by day, Olympic gymnast by night?" He looks over at her with a smirk.

She smiles and looks over at him, pretending to act shocked. "You've discovered my secret life!"

He laughs and continues walking beside her down the sidewalk before slowly slipping his hand in hers. She smiles at his gesture and looks down at their hands then up at him to see him smiling back at her.

After a while of walking, they wind up back at Logan's motorcycle. He hands her the helmet and just as they are getting on Mia begins to say something. "Do you mind taking me to Scarlett's again?"

"Do you stay there every night?"

"Pretty much." She wraps her arms around his stomach, waiting for him to ride off.

He stares at her in curiosity for a moment before turning around and riding off. He drives the fifteen minutes to Scarlett's and stops in front of her house. He takes off his helmet and gets confused when he doesn't feel Mia moving to get off the motorcycle. He turns around to see her leaned against his back, in a full deep sleep. "Is it even possible to fall asleep on the back of a motorcycle?" He chuckles and slowly gets off his motorcycle, making sure to keep her still so she doesn't wake up. He carefully lifts her off the motorcycle and carries her up to Scarlett's front door, ringing the doorbell.

Scarlett opens the door and looks from Logan to Mia with a small smile. "Poor kid." She chuckles lightly and opens the door wider to let him in.

Logan walks inside and looks back at her, wondering where to put Mia.

She motions for him to follow her. "Come on up."

He follows after her, making sure to take the stairs slowly so he doesn't trip. He makes the fifteen stairs to the second floor and follows Scarlett into her bedroom. He walks over to her bed and lays Mia down, smiling at her before turning to Scarlett.

"Thanks for bringing her home."

He gives her a strange look. "Home?"

"Yeah...we both like to refer to it that way."

"Does she ever stay with her sister?"

She nods and looks past Logan, starring at Mia while she talks to him. She continues to talk completely oblivious that she's telling him something Mia might not have wanted him to know just yet. "Yeah, sometimes but her sister's job kind of takes away that option most of the time." She looks back at him with wide, regretful eyes.

"Yeah, what is her job? Mia mentioned it was unreliable, I thought she was like a realtor or something...I'm guessing I thought wrong?"

"You should really ask Mia." She walks past him, over to Mia and lays a blanket over her.

Logan shows a questioning and curious smile before turning to look back at Scarlett. She turns around with a smirk before crossing her arms. "So, just what are your intentions with my best friend, Mr. Wade?"

He snickers and looks at Scarlett with a smirk. "You're kidding, right?"

"Of course not. Mia doesn't have a dad to do the grilling for her so I guess it's all on me...come on...spill." She smiles and moves closer to him with her arms crossed.

He looks at her seriously. "My intention is to be a good friend."

She rolls her eyes. "Friends my butt. You know you like her and don't even try to deny it, mister."

He can't help but smile and shrugs his shoulders. "And so what if I did? She doesn't like me...does she?"

She shakes her finger at him and walks behind him, as he turns to continue looking at her. "Nice try, that's privileged best friend information."

He glances down at Miley with a small smile and nervously puts his hands in his pockets. "She's pretty amazing."

She smiles wide and clasps her hands together in excitement. "Yay! I knew it! You guys are so cute together and she is totally falling for you."

He looks back at her with obvious excitement. "She is?"

"Well, duh." She smiles.

He gives her a look of confusion. "I thought that was privileged best friend information?"

"Hey, I'm just trying to move the relationship along, Mi better thank me. And also...I figure I kind of owe you."

"For what?"

"Well, you did save my boyfriend from drowning." She smiles as he cheeks turn a light shade of pink.

It takes him a moment to process before he understands what she's talking about. "Oh, Jake....so, you guys are dating now, huh?"

"Yep."

He clasps his hands together and mimics her. "You guys are so cute together!"

She laughs and playfully swats him in the shoulder for mimicking her.

He laughs and motions to the door. "I should get going." He begins walking towards her bedroom door but before he walks out, Scarlett begins to speak.

"I approve."

He turns to give her a look of confusion. "Of...?"

"You and Mia. You seem like a really good guy-" Her smiles soon turns to a light glare. "-but...you hurt her and I promise you'll wish you were never born. Understood?"

He smiles in amusement and continues to play along. "Understood." His smile slowly fades as he gives her a look of seriousness. "I would never hurt Mia." He turns and walks out of Scarlett's room.

She smiles at Logan and walks back to her bed, sitting down beside Mia. "Well Mi, it looks like we're both getting a little luckier in love."