Chapter 5~Midnight Meetups

"OH MY GOD ALEX!!" Trixie punches my arm, doing a little dance in her drivers side seat.
"I know i know i'm still surprised about it too" I had just told Trixie about dancing with Nate last night, and the small kiss he had given me by my locker.

"Oh my god babe i'm so happy for you! It's about time you got some dick" Trixie let's put a laugh. I stick my tongue out at her.
"Thanks T, anyway I'm gonna head home, I'll talk to you later" I give her a small wave before she pulls out of the school parking lot.

I roll my bottom lip in between my teeth, I quickly hop onto my skateboard and head down the street towards home.
Heading home, I'm wondering what the scene at home will look like.
Will my mom be blacked out on the floor? Will she be knocked out over the toilet after puking everything out of her system? Or maybe she might even be sober.
My mother used to be in love, she used to love my father, and me. Ever since my dad passed, I don't see the point to love. It only hurts people. Sure, two people who think they are in love in high school will get married, and then eventually slip out of it and end up hurt. I don't think love is real. Maybe it's just a figment of our imagination, trying to cover up the actual problems we all have. Maybe i'm just too far gone to love someone or be loved.

I come around the corner to where my baby blue house is sitting. I walk towards the front of the house, toss my board to the side of the house, I walk in the front door. Silence. My mother is sitting at the table with a guy, looks like he's about 40 or so. For once, the house doesn't reek of alcohol.

"Hey Baby! There's someone I'd like you to meet!"
I drop my bag on the floor and walk over to them, He's a bit taller than my mother and I, He has nicely groomed black hair combed back and a slight stubble over his chin. He's wearing an expensive looking navy suit. He extends his hand out to me, a gold watched wrapped around his wrist.
"Alexandria, this is Luca Moretti, my boyfriend."

Boyfriend?
There's no way.

I'm a bit taken back but I find my composure.
I extend my hand out," Nice to meet you, Luca"
He has a warm smile. "Likewise Alexandria"

After a few minutes of awkward conversation, I excuse myself to go to my room. I run my hand through my hair. I feel guilty.

My mother deserves to be happy, she deserves to find love again. Whatever that may be.
I'll never forget my father, no matter how long it's been. I'll just have to get through this.

I collapse on my bed and let out a sigh, crawling under the blankets. I let myself drift to sleep.
I wake up to my phone buzzing, a text from my mother:

Hey babygirl, Luca and I were going out, I was going to tell you earlier but I didn't want to wake you up.

I read the message and toss my phone back onto the bed. I stand up, stretching.
I peer out of my window, the twilight lighting the streets. I decided to take a midnight ride, I haven't done that in awhile.
**
After getting my board and heading down the street, I come across the water fountain that connects the neighborhood. I sit up on the ledge and let out a sigh.

"You okay?" I hear a deep voice come from behind me. I whip my head around to see the same guy to I had  previously ran into on this street. Pierce.

"What do you want?" I say in a cold tone, crossing my arms.

"Chill. was just going for a walk when I saw some maniac out in middle of the night." He says, walking to my side and sitting beside me.

He runs his hands through his messy hair, his bottom lip is busted and he has a scratch running from his right temple to his cheek.
He catches me staring, and looks down at the ground.

"So did you get suspended?" I ask, taking a seat next to him on the curb.
"What do you think? I get caught cause some guy caught his girl on me and suddenly i'm the one in trouble." He says in a harsh tone, shaking his head.

I decide to not talk about it anymore, as it obviously makes him mad. We sit in silence for a few more awkward moments before I hear his voice again.

"Just so you know, you looked good last night." He says, scooting a few inches closer to me.
My cheeks heat up,"Thanks" I say looking back at him. He smirks. Hot.

He grabs my skateboard, flips it over and pulls a sharpie from the back of his black jeans. Why does he have a sharpie on him? I don't know.

"What are you doing?" I ask cautiously, not wanting him to fuck up my board by drawing a penis or something on it.
He ignores me and writes his name underneath a pair of the wheels. (a/n: Signature photo above)
"There." he says before handing my board to me. I roll my eyes at him.
"Gee thanks." I examine the board, his handwriting is not to mention way better than mine.
I smile to myself before look back up at pierce. I catch him looking at me before he looks back at the road in front of him.
"So why are you out in the middle of the night?" He asks, keeping his eyes fixed on the road in front of him.
I think about the real answer i could tell him.
Well pierce, my mother just introduced me to her boyfriend, and I have issues so I'm unwilling to accept that.

"I'm just bored" I turn towards him, he looks at me, his icy blue eyes reading every inch of my face.
I quickly drop my eyes to the ground. He doesn't say anything else about it.
"What about you, what were you doing out here?" I ask him, he sits forward.
He shrugs,"Doesn't matter." He says coldly. He stands up and starts to walk away.
"So you're just gonna leave?" I say in a annoyed tone.
He stops and turns around to face me, he takes a few steps closer so our faces are almost touching. He takes one of his hands and tucks a stray piece of hair behind my ear.
The last person to do that was Nate.
I feel my cheeks start to heat up. Shit, why doesn't this always happen when I get any type of affection?
He looks me straight in the eyes, "Listen baby, don't get involved" He says in a deep voice before turning around and walking away again.
Maybe I want to.
******
hey bb:)
this chapters is like a roller coaster i know
ily see you soon
-via🖤