Parenthood

Momo didn't think she would become a mother so soon.

She had been looking through a photo album, smiling at pictures of a baby Jirou. Her wife had been so cute as a child, and that hadn't changed as she had grown. Jirou may have matured, but her wife could still act as adorable as a kid.

Hearing the front door slam, Momo got out of her comfortable chair and slipped a robe on over her figure. She walked calmly out of their library, heading towards the noises of her wife talking. She smiled as she heard Jirou laugh, and couldn't help but chuckle to herself. Oh, how the simplest things her wife did could make her laugh.

That all changed within the span of a few moments.

As soon as Momo appeared, Jirou's face brightened and she walked towards her, arms outstretched. Momo laughed and hugged Jirou, kissing the top of her head. "How was work?" Momo asked when Jirou pulled away. "Oh, you know, the usual. Making music and saving lives." Jirou replied. She seemed nervous, biting her lip and looking away nervously.

"What's wrong?" Momo asked, frowning. Jirou rubbed the back of her head and sighed. Meeting Momo's gaze steadily, Jirou's expression intensified, making her look serious. "I have something to tell you." She admitted. Momo swallowed, nodding for her wife to continue. Jirou continued to look at her, before she broke into a huge grin.

"You're going to be a mama!"

Momo's body went rigid and her heart began beating faster. Thoughts went flying through her mind at incredible speed, and tears welled in her eyes. "W-what?" She choked out. Breathing suddenly seemed impossible, and Momo's hands clutched at her chest. "I-I'm gonna be.... a mother?" 

"Yup!" Jirou bounced on her toes, laughing happily. "I wanted to surprise you. I know you've always wanted children, and so I decided today was the day, and..." Jirou's words were drowned out as Momo's thoughts crowded her brain. 

When had this happened? Momo tried to think back to the past days, trying to find some sort of sign pointing her towards this moment. Sure, she's been acting weird, but I didn't know she was planning this, Momo thought. A broken cry of joy escaped Momo's lips, and she laughed along with her wife. 

"I love you so much! I love you, I love you, I love you!" Momo hugged her wife tightly, snuggling into Jirou's chest. Jirou chuckled and patted Momo's head, pure affection in her gaze. 

"I know love, but can you let go for a moment? I've got someone waiting to meet you." Momo loosened her grip and looked up at Jirou in surprise. They were here now? Momo panicked as she looked at Jirou. She hadn't had time to prepare anything! Were they even ready to become parents? 

She tried to grab Jirou's hand, but her wife was already out the door by the time Momo came to her senses. Momo began pacing around, trying to calm her nerves before meeting their new kid. She would have time to panic later, when Jirou finally realized they didn't have the necessary equipment to care for a child. For now, she needed to focus on making the best impression.

"Hey Momo, can you close your eyes and hold out your hands?" Jirou's voice cut into her thoughts once again. Momo shut her eyes, but didn't hold out her hands due to her confusion. That wasn't the proper way to a hold a baby, was it? Hoping her wife knew what she was doing, Momo held out her arms.

Something fuzzy and warm was laid in her outstretched hands, and Momo's face contorted in confusion. Opening her eyes, Momo was greeted with the sight of a small pug puppy in her arms. The puppy looked up at her with its tongue sticking out, and its small body wiggled excitedly. Momo face was frozen with a smile, her brain trying to process the creature in her arms.

"Surprise!" Jirou shouted, smiling. "You're now the proud mother of a furbaby!"

Momo wasn't disappointed that day. In fact, she swore to keep her new furbaby happy as long as he lived.

To make up for last chapter, I did two chapters in one day! Hope you enjoyed!