missing crown and sceptor

Hailey ran her hands along her face as she processed what she and Evie was just told

Hailey ran her hands along her face as she processed what she and Evie was just told. Last night, the Queen’s crown and Maleficent’s Scepter was stolen from the museum. Hailey thought they would have bumped up the security after Uma disappeared. Apparently not.

“Who else knows about this?” She asked the purple haired girl. She stood before her two best friends with a frown on her face. The three of them were suited in Evie’s home, which was a gift from Ben. They all got houses as a token of his gratitude for saving his life months ago. They wouldn’t be inheriting anything since their families were still on the isle.

“No one.” Mal told them. “I mean think about it. People are already scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures.”

“Will we still be brining over more VKs?” Evie questioned. Hailey looked up at Mal, waiting for her answer.

She sighed. “They’re talking about closing the barrier for good.”

“But you said no, right?” Hailey said quickly. They had just begun bringing them over, and after promising them they would be back for more they can’t just shut them out forever. It wouldn’t be fair to them. “Mal we promised them.”

“The five of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that.” Evie continued when Mal said nothing. Hailey knew they were in deep trouble because they still hadn’t seen or heard anything from Uma, but it wasn’t the ones on the isle. It wasn’t their fault she snuck through, so it would be wrong to punish them for it. “I mean, what could be more important than that?”

“Yeah, I know.” The soon to be queen agreed with them before sitting down. “I mean, maybe security and peace of mind for everyone in Auradon?”

“Is that what they’re thinking? M, are they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in or out of the isle ever again?” Evie ranted. She was upset about their decision, especially because they were only thinking of themselves.

Hailey sighed, a single thought processing through her brain. “We would never get to see our parents again.”

She had grown to realize that her mother wanted only what was best for her. She taught her how to survive in the place that threw danger at her left and right. Yes, she never received the proper love she should have from her mother, but her mother was brought up believing that love was a nuisance and that it was worthless.

“We promised these kids that they would get to go back and visit whenever they wanted.” Evie stood up, the situation becoming more clear to her. She grabbed Mal’s hand. “M, I am so glad that you’re going to be the queen. You’ll be apart of these conversations.”

“You’ll be the one standing up for the kids like us.” Hailey informed her friend with a smile. She was happy to know that they weren’t just going to be tossed to the side like they didn’t matter, because as long as they had Mal helping make decisions they would never be cut off.

Evie reached forward, wrapping her arms around the purple haired girl. “Thank you for telling us. You’re going to make a great queen."

-

Hailey fell back on Carlos' bed with a sigh. After talking with Mal and Evie about the scepter and crown, and then showing Yasmine the science room, she was finally given to herself, and what better way to spend it with the white haired boy beside her.

"It's been a long day." She let her arms fall above her head, resting them on her red locks.

Carlos chuckled as he placed himself beside her. "Tell me about it. Jay and I tried to teach the twins to play tourney but I don't think they're getting the hang of if."

"Don't be too hard on them." She smacked him on the chest, earning a hearty laugh from him. "Besides, if I remember correctly, you didn't do to great at the sport when we first got here either."

His laughter died down instantly, sending his girlfriend a playful glare. He couldn't deny that he was terrible at the game, but he was better with a sword anyways. "Touche."

"So wheres the three kids at now?"

Carlos shrugged. "Jay said something about teaching them the arts of baking."

Hailey's eyes widened at the mention of Jay cooking. He was nowhere near good enough to be left alone in the kitchen, and with children nonetheless.

The couple seemed to realize the mistake as they jumped to their feet, sprinting out of the room.

The smell of smoke flowed into their noses as they neared the kitchen, making them run even faster.

Hailey reached the kitchen first, watching as Jay pulled a cookie tray out of the oven. The cookies on top were black, burnt to a crisp. "What the heck Jay?"

"We may have lost track and forgotten about the cookies." He told them sheepishly. Carlos sighed, covering his mouth to keep himself from laughing.

Hailey nudged him. "This isn't funny Carlos!"

The white haired boy nodded, but he couldn't keep the laugh inside any longer. Hailey had to admit that the sight before them was fun to look at. Jay and the twins were covered head to toe in flour, and the two kids were digging into the chocolate chips as they sat on the counter.

The red head let out a huff before walking over to the dark haired boy, taking the spatula he held out of his hands. She grabbed the giant bowl from beside the stove and began to pour the right amounts of ingredients they needed to make the cookies. She had vaguely remembered the recipe from when they used to put Ben under the love spell, but of course without the tear.

"This is exactly why you're not allowed to cook."

"I never have to. You're always here to do it for me." Hailey stopped stirring the batter. She picked some up from the spoon before tossing it into Jay's face.

It wasn't a complete lie that she was always the one cooking for the two boys, but she never minded it. They provided her company when she was bored and she got to eat in the process. It was a win-win really, but she didn't appreciate him talking to her as if she were nothing more than their chef.

Jay gasped, his mouth open in shock. Carlos glanced between the two of them. "Guys please don't."

Jay ignored his plea. Instead, he grabbed a handful of flour from the package, throwing it above her, sending it all over her.

The two continued to toss the ingredients back and forth, the twins watching in pure amazement. They hadn't seen anything this entertaining in their whole lives.

"Guys!" Carlos exclaimed, making the two friends stop assaulting each other with cookie mix. "You know I'm gonna be the one that has to clean this up."

Jay and Hailey shared a look before they both grabbed a single egg from the carton. They ignored Carlos' cries for them to stop as they threw the eggs in his direction, both of them hitting the target.

That's how they spent the rest of their night, having fun, cleaning up the giant mess the five of them made, and entertaining the twins.