unlikely allies

Hailey came to a stop behind Jay, her dirt bike tires skidding against the gravel

Hailey came to a stop behind Jay, her dirt bike tires skidding against the gravel. The five of them had received these from Ben as well, along with helmets and goggles to protect them from getting hurt. Hailey's red, black, and yellow bike suited her perfectly.

“Noble steeds proud and fair, you shall take us anywhere.” Mal said, her croaky voice low, probably due to her now small lung capacity.

Hailey revved the engine before following he friends across the murky water below them. It wasn’t the first time they used this way of getting to the isle. It’s why they couldn’t take the kids with them when they first picked them. That and they wanted them to get their goodbyes in order.

Jay was the one to open the barrier for them since he was the once trusted with it. Hailey felt the magic drain from around her as she entered, the cold feeling she had felt several times before welcoming her back home.

She stopped her bike beside Evie’s taking her helmet off as she dismounted it. As she set the helmet on the seat she heard Mal cheer. “Hey, I’m me again!”

She turned her eyes, noticing that her friend was back to her normal appearance, much to her relief. She really didn’t want to have to look at her friend as an old lady for much longer.

“Duh. Evil magic doesn’t work here.” Celia reminded her with an eye roll. “Kind of the point.”

The five of them followed the young villain through the alley until they reached a a red and silver door. Celia tapped a certain rhythm on it. Someone from the inside repeated her actions before she finished it. It must be their secret entrance code.

Hailey looked around as she entered Dr. Faciliers’s arcade. They had came through the back, which made sense since they were able to skip the long line of people out front.

Hailey watched as Celia called her fathers name happily. Dr. Facilier reciprocated her happiness in picking her up, twirling her around. It made Hailey happy to know that Celia was one of the lucky ones on the isle that actually received affection from her father. Not all Villains were completely evil.