night falls

“They are sleeping, right?”

Hailey stared at the unmoving bodies before her, the idea of Audrey losing more control and going on a killing spree crossing her mind. It was possible.

“Yeah, they’re sleeping.” Evie reassured her as the nine of them walked onto the courtyard. Hailey pulled her phone aways from her ear after failing to reach Jane. No one was answering.

Celia pointed over to the giant castle that was their school. “Is that Auradon Prep?”

“Yeah, and when everybody wakes up you’re gonna love it.” Carlos told the girl with wide eyes before continuing to try and call anyone he could think of.

Hailey stepped beside Uma, who was staring at everything with a bored expression. “You’d like it here.”

She could only scoff as she barely glanced at her old friend. “They never gave me a chance, so why should I?”

Uma walked away from the red head, making her sigh in defeat. So much for making amends with her. She walked over to Carlos, who was talking to Dude.

“Do you know what happened here?” He asked the dog, who seemed to nod before speaking.

“Audrey showed up, put everyone to sleep and other she turned to-“

“Guys, Hannah turned to stone.” Evie cut the dog off, motioning towards the girl holding her hands out. Hailey had to look closer to realize she was right.

Now Audrey was turning them to stone. This day couldn’t get any worse.

The lot of them walked over to the still girl with wide eyes. Jay was the first to speak. “Alright, everybody stay on their toes.”

“Look, since we’re here, let’s check the school.” Uma said, turning around to lead her crew to the giant castle.

Mal shook her head. “No, Audrey went straight for the crown. It’s safe to assume she’d go for Ben in his castle next. That’s where we’ll go.”

“Says who?” Uma challenged, turning around to face the purple haired girl with a glare. The girls were more alike than they even realized, and thats why they never got along. If only they realized.

“Says me.” Mal took a daring step forward, making Hailey roll her eyes.

“Can we not do this right now.” She pointed to the left, where Ben’s castle was located. “Let’s just go to the castle.”

-

“This way.”

Hailey glanced around, looking for any indication that Ben could be nearby. They were currently on the top floor, going through anything and everything to look for the missing king.

“Ben could be asleep anywhere.” Mal sighed in defeat. They had went through the first three floors with no clue whatsoever. They were going to be clueless if there was nothing here.