break this down

"There they are

"There they are."

It had been a grad total of five days since the whole evil Audrey incident, and it was now the day of Ben and Mal's engagement party. The five VK's have forgiven their friend for her lies, but they would never get over the fact of never being able to cross the bridge to their home. They would just have to pretend everything was fine.

The engaged couple walked into the area, bringing smiles to everyone around them. They looked so good together.

The two of them made their way to the top of the deck that overlooked the small area at the edge of the land. Ben settled everyone down. "Lady Mal and I want to thank you all for celebrating our engagement with us today. I couldn't be prouder or happier to call you my queen. So, raise your glasses to our future queen of Auradon."

Hailey raised her glass along with everyone else before giving praise to the purple haired girl. "To our queen of Auradon."

"Speech your fanciness!" Carlos called out, raising his cup once more.

Jay was quick to join them in their antics. "Speech o' special one!"

Hailey laughed at their idiocy before taking a sip of the lemonade in her cup. They all waited patiently for Mal to talk, but she only glanced around the area, her eyes landing on Dizzy and the twins, who still had no idea they would never see their parents again.

Mal's smile dropped, making the five VK's share a quick glance. Something was wrong. "I can't. I can't be queen of Auradon."

Her words sent a small panic through the crowd, for they thought that Mal had lost her feelings for the king, but Hailey knew otherwise. She was beginning to feel bad for the suggestion she put in the council's head.

"We made a decision to close the barrier forever." Hailey's eyes traveled to Dizzy ad the twins as she spoke, her heart almost breaking at the sight of their heartbroken expressions. "And it was my idea, but it's wrong."

Hailey smiled as she realized what was happening. Mal was realizing the mistake she mad, just like she knew she would. She would never turn her back on the people that made her who she was.

"I've learned that you can't live in fear, because it doesn't actually protect you from anything." Mal was beginning to get emotional, which was understandably considering the topic. "You never know where the bad is gonna come from, and you never know where the heroes are gonna come from either. Without Uma and her pirates Auradon would be gone."

Hailey reached out, grabbing Evie's hand, the two of them sharing a happy smile as they listened to their friend speak her mind. "And without Hades, my father-"

Gasps were heard all around, for the news was completely knew to them. Hailey didn't know if the information made them begin to question the idea of having Mal as their queen. She was daughter tot he two worst villains known to them all, but they had to know they could trust her. She had saved Auradon three times now. She could have taken it over long ago if she really wanted to.