chapter 14

**katherine's pov**

~

"Hey, do you have my playboy sweatshirt at your house?" I yelled across the room, since Billie was in the bathroom brushing her teeth.

We have about two hours until our flight leaves for Bali, and we're just now packing. Smart, I know.

"No. I packed it in my suitcase. I wanted to wear it." She yelled back, still very audibly brushing her teeth.

Even though she has all the clothes in the world, she always seems to take mine. Not to mention she has all the expensive clothes in the world.

"Hi, beautiful." I said as she walked out of the bathroom, her hair obviously not brushed.

"Oh, shut it. Are you almost done packing? I wanna cuddle."

"No, i'm not at all actually. Cuddle with Pepper." I joked, but she didn't think that was very funny.

Ever since we talked about the kiss and what it means a few days ago, she's been extra clingy. I really don't mind it, I just never saw her as the clingy type beforehand. It's kinda nice.

I continued folding my sweatpants and tank tops, it seems like that's all i even wear anymore. I packed like, five different bathing suits specifically for the instagram pictures.

"I'm gonna go shower babe, we can cuddle after." I said, grabbing a towel from the closet beside the bathroom.

"So you're telling me I gotta cuddle with you when your hair is wet? Because that's not fair."

"Yup, that's exactly what i'm telling you." I smiled, while hopping to the bathroom before she could protest.

I hopped in the shower, washing my hair and body first before I hear a knock on the door.

This was the only bathroom in the house, so i'm sure it was somebody needing to pee.

"Hey sweetheart, we're gonna try and leave within like ten minutes so try to hurry please." Maggie said from outside the door. She's always so lighthearted and sweet when she talks.

I hopped out the shower, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around me while I brushed my teeth.

I walked out of the bathroom, to see Billie sitting on the bed staring at the bathroom door, waiting for me to come out.

"I hate you. We didn't even get to cuddle," she pouted.

"You don't hate me, trust me." I said while walking over the suitcases on the floor to give her a small kiss.

"Yeah, you're right. But i'm gonna pretend like I do."

"Well, that's not very nice."

I grabbed the pair of shorts, a sweatshirt, a sports bra, and underwear from my overnight bag, and went into her closet to change.

"Come on girls!" Maggie yelled from what sounded like the front door.

We both grabbed our suitcases and carry-on bags, trying to rush out of the house. I slipped on my air force ones, which seemed to be all I ever wore, and ran out the door, Billie following me.

Billie and I got into my car, while Maggie, Patty, Zoe, and Finneas got in the other. We offered for one of them to ride in my car, but they weren't really up for it.

We followed their car the whole way to the airport, but we got a little behind. I'd been to the airport plenty of times, so i knew where I was going, but I was just scared we'd be late.

Once we got to the airport, the intercom blasted with a voice and sentence that scared all of us.

"Flight will end boarding to Hong Kong International Airport in five minutes."

Which, of course, was the flight we were getting on. Our flight stopped in Hong Kong before we got on the next plane to Bali.

We all kind of looked at each other panicking, starting to walk faster towards our gate.

The LAX airport was huge, and of course the international flights were on the whole other side of the airport.

We all ran for maybe ten minutes, knowing we weren't gonna make it.

We got to the gate, and to no surprise, the plane had already fully boarded and there was no way we could get on this flight.

"Can I help you guys?" a flight attendant said from her desk, one gate over."

"Yes, we were supposed to get on this flight to Bali but we're a little late. Do you know if there's any possible chance we can get on this flight still?" Maggie said very professionally, pointing towards the closed jetway door.

"I'm sorry. Once the flight attendant for that gate boards the plane, there's no way anybody can board. If you go to customer service i'm sure you can get a new flight time though." she said, not really caring about the situation.

We all walked over to customer service, and after talking to them for a while, we figured we might as well just wait four hours for the next flight.

Billie and I walked around the airport for a good hour, looking at gift shops.

"This is dumb, I blame you for showering." Billie said.

"Damn, I can't even be clean anymore."

We both laughed, while looking at keychains and magnets from a rack outside of a store.

I found a keychain that said "Katherine" on it in big letters, with the words LAX or Los Angeles all over the background.

"Good luck finding Billie." I said, nudging her side softly.

She glared at me, obviously not amused.

"Yo, i'm hungry as fuck. They got taco bell in here?" Billie said, glaring off into the food area.

"No, baby. They don't have Taco Bell in an airport." I could see her mood change when i said that.

We walked off, finding some vegan food place to eat at. She got a bean burrito, even at a fancy airport diner.