03| LUNA

::

Notes: I couldn't find a quote for this chapter, not one that really sang for me you know? And it's got me Low-key sad 😥 But anyways, thanks for sticking around for the update, I really hope you enjoy this chapter! See you next Thursday!

::

LOKI APPROCHED, SLOWLY, CAUTIOUSLY, WATCHING THE FORM OF THE WOMAN ON THE GROUND WITH FURROWED BROWS. The woman remained unmoving, the dark colour of her skin contrasted greatly with the white dress she donned. Her hair splayed over her arm like a halo, silver pale like the moonlight that surrounded her.

She was ethereal, like a goddess, but Loki doubted that even the Æsir could match her beauty. He was drawn to her, but considered that she might be a danger, even to him.

A dagger solidified in Loki's grip, the weapon a comfort as he slowly took a knee. His hand hovered over her unconscious form, just shy of her shoulder. Before his hand could touch her however, the girl's eyes flew open. She let out a blood curdling scream, and Loki had almost covered his ears, no doubt the others had heard it, too.

She scrambled away from him, her bare feet struggling to support her as she slid backwards to the wall behind her. Her eyes, were a striking colour of silver - like her hair - wide and afraid and she shook like a frightened animal.

Immediately, Loki hid the dagger from view, putting his hand behind his back where it vanished. He moved his hand, and the girl flinched, cowering away from him, even though her back was pressed against the wall.

Slower, Loki put his hands up, palms facing her to show that he was unarmed and had no intentions of hurting her. The feeling had seemed to fade completely, vanished when she had appeared, and Loki was only just noticing.

Her eyes were trained on his hands for a long moment, perhaps trying to figure out if it were a trick. Loki had to hold back a chuckle, if that was everyone's first reaction to him -

Her gaze shift from him and darted around the room, her eyes welling up with tears, ready to spill over. She looks back to him, her eyebrows set in a deep frown, she opens her mouth, and for a second Loki thought the girl was going to scream again, but instead, she spoke. What she said was a garble of nonsense Loki could not comprehend.

"I don't - " Loki began, only to be cut off by her as she spoke over him, her fearful expression changing to one of accusation. Loki could assume, by her body language, that she thought he was the one who brought her here. "Enough." He snaps, tiring of her inconsistent babble.

She seemed to understand English well, but spoke no word of the language. Her chest rose and fell harshly, her silver eyes ablaze, and for a moment Loki felt sorry for whoever had summoned the poor girl.

"Loki!"

Loki's head snaps towards the door, of course - his brother was only three doors away from him. There was no way he hadn't heard.

The door swung open and Thor loomed in the doorway like death awaiting it's charge. His blue eyes narrowed at Loki's kneeling figure, before they darted across to the woman, practically one with the wall.

The sudden appearance of his brother startled the girl, and as Thor took a step into the room, a soft whimper left her pink lips.

"Stay there, you idiot. You're frightening her." Like he hadn't done that already. Thor's eyes look between the both of them, and his harsh gaze softened at the sight of the girl.

But when he looked to Loki, the glare returned.

"Loki." He says in warning.

"Now, brother. Don't go up on your high horse just yet." Loki says, equally in warning. He narrowed his eyes at Thor's glare and very slowly - as not to scare the girl any further- rose from the ground.