Zero Gravity: Part Four

After a long day, the Cipher twins were returning home. They been to a few job interviews, two of which they were kicked out due to Bill's profaning language towards the bosses. Finally, they settled on Wendy's suggestions, Will was now working at the diner, while Bill worked at the arcade, both of them will be starting training tomorrow.

They were currently walking on the road that led to their shack, it was no longer morning, and the sun was fully up.

"I told you things would work out for us," Bill said smugly, shoving his brother playfully.

Will nodded. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

"Which is why everyone calls me the Smart Brother."

Will shook his head. "No they don't...do they?"

Bill laughed, then abruptly paused, when he noticed movement through the trees. He stopped in his tracks, then turned to the trees, and for a flicker of a second, a shadow swept by, then disappeared.

"Gnomes!" Will cried, with fear filled eyes.

"No it's not, you idiot," Bill snapped, then took a step towards the trees, eyeing them warily.

"Wendy?" he called questioningly.

Silence.

Bill narrowed his eyes. "This isn't funny, Red."

Suddenly, there was a loud snap of a twig, then something sharp rocketed out of the shadows. Bill yelled out, then jumped backwards, the object pierced the ground. He stared at it. It was a sword, with a black Stygian blade, with stars on it's surface, like it contained the whole galaxy. Bill recognized it anywhere.

"Bill, are you alright?" Will fussed, his eyes fixated on the sword.

Bill didn't reply. He reached for the weapon, when it peeled from the ground by itself, and shot back towards the trees. A moment later, two figures stepped out from the shadows. They were the twins from the journal. The female one, had a white blouse and red skirt, the inside of the skirt had a galaxy image of the same colour, and she had a hat with a shooting star on it. As for the male one, he was holding his sword, and he was dressed like a soldier from the pioneer times, the inside of his cape had a blue galaxy image, and his hat had a silver pine tree on it.

Both twins looked roughly in their twenties, and the man had blue eyes with pink pupils, while the woman had pink eyes with blue pupils.

"Who or what are you?" Bill demanded.

"Oh, please," the male twin scoffed. "You know who we are, you must've seen our page." He pointed his sword to Bill's chest, where the journal was being hidden.

"I don't know what you're talking about," Bill lied, Will was trembling beside him.

"Well, I guess it's time for introductions," the female one beamed. "This is my total nerd of a brother, Dipper. And I'm Mabel, and we're the Guardians of the World Balance!" She produced glitter from her palm, that rained down on Bill and Will.

Dipper groaned. "Mabel, we're supposed to be interrogating these mortals."

"I'm interrogating them with smiles!" Mabel shot back.

Bill wiped the glitter off his jacket, before backing away from the young adults, dragging Will with him, who seemed to be frozen in place.

"We should be going," Bill said quickly.

"Wait," Dipper ordered. He surged forward, and grabbed Bill by the collar.

Bill struggled and kicked, but his attempts were futile. Dipper unzipped the boy's jacket, causing the journal to topple out and drop to the ground.