Caught

You stare at the red head climbing up the rope, as you always did. About a year ago, the redhead had joined your training session, not participating with your group but training at the same time. This was odd because your group started training at 4 in the morning.

Ever since she had joined, you hadnt been able to take your eyes off her, and she had often caught you staring at her.

You never had the courage to introduce yourself and had decided you would just conyinue to stare at her.

You also knew that, when she thought you werent looking, she would stare at you. It had almost become a game, who could catch the other staring first. You mostly lost this game as, when she turned to you, you couldnt bring yourself your take your eyes off her.

You didnt know why she had piqued your interest, maybe it was the jaw dropping looks she possessed, maybe it was the way she handled herself, maybe it was the way she could take down anyone in a fight or maybe it was something else entirely. You had experienced this before, when you wanted someone to notice you or talk to you so badly, for absolutely no reason. You refered to it as your 'gayness tingling.' She had definitely 'tingled your gayness.'

You knew who she was, of course. The famed Black Widow, everyone knew who she was. That didnt matter to you though. In your opinion, in the training room, it didnt matter who you were, only how well you could fight. Of course, she was the best, always has been, always will be, which meant she was at the top anyway,  but you chose to ignore that.

Today was a day like any other. The redhead there before you, as always, starting with a warm up, moving onto punches, then a rope climb, then finishimg with a jog.

She was currently at the rope climb. She was at the top and she had paused, staring at somethong on the roof. Suddenly she started to shimmy down the rope as fast as she could. You looked up to the roof and saw why. The rope was about to break off from the roof.

You sprinted towards her, knowing she wouldnt make it and, as you predicted, the rope snaps, causing her to free fall. Leaping up, you catch her body mid-air. You position yourself underneath her just before you hit the floor. The impact with the floor rushes through your back and collides with the impact from the redhead's body.

She rolls of you, groaning in pain. You dont move, knowing it will hurt to much.

"That was wayyyyy to heroic" you grumble.

She looks and you and chuckles. You can see the regret fill her eyes as she winces in pain.

You both lie there, unmoving. Faces cloud your vision as your group runs over to you. They all talk at once and you don't understand any of it.

"That really hurt" you groan.

Natasha looks at you, eyebrows raised.

"I do wonder why" she said sarcastically.

You glare at her roll your eyes. "It's your fault."

She scoffs. "I didn't ask for you to catch me."

You sigh in fake offence. "Fine then, next time I won't."

She shakes her head and rolls over onto her stomach. She somehow manages to clamber up onto her hands and knees. She places one foot on the floor and shakily stands up.

You stare at her in amazement. "How the hell did you manage that?"

"Do they not teach you that sort of stuff?" She asks.

"Oh yeah, we're all told to jump from the roof regularly and stand up again" You reply sarcastically.

She just shrugs her shoulders and starts to walk off.

"Oi, you gotta at least help me up" You call.

She reluctantly walks back and holds her hand out over you. You grab it and let her pull you up. She lets go of your hand almost immediately. You take a step forward and collapse onto her.

"Woah, we should probably get you to the infirmary." Nat says.

You just nod your head weakly and let her pick you up. She carries you to said infirmary and lays you down on a free bed.

A doctor comes over and starts prodding and poking you. You wince at every touch, trying not to show your pain.

"Why couldn't I be unconscious for this" You complain.

"That can be arranged" Nat says.

She raises her hand and you panic, realising what she's going to do.

"No, no, that's not what I-"

You're cut off as she hits you hard on the head, sending your world into darkness.

When you wake up you see Nat sitting next to you.

"That, was not necessary." You say.

She looks at, slightly surprised by your sudden outburst.

"Yes it was" She responds.

"No, it really wasn't." You insist.

Your 'argument' is cut short as Tony walks in. He seems shocked to find Nat here but quickly recovers.

"Aww has Nat found a little friend" He teases.

Before Nat can respond you intrude. "I am not that little"

He looks at you, an unreadable expression on his face.

"We are not friends either" Nat retorts.

You look at her, faking offence. "Really? I thought we would be after I stopped you from braking your back"

She shrugs her shoulders. "Again, you didn't have too"

You were starting to wonder if she had actually ever noticed the staring, as she hadn't mention it yet.

Tony and Nat had started talking about work so you decided to stay silent.

Once Tony had left Nat turns back to you, a slightly nervous expression on her face.

"It isn't just me, is it? You feel it too" She asks.

You nod your head, knowing what she meant.

"And the staring? It isn't just my imagination?" You ask.

She nods her head. "No its definitely there."

You just stare at each other, not sure what to do now that it was out in the open.

You suddenly sit upright and cup her cheek with your hand. She brings her hand to your neck and you both slowly lean in. Your lips join and lock together perfectly, as if it was meant to be. You feel whole, like the final piece of the puzzle had finally been fitted in.

You pull away, leaving your hand on her cheek. "I kinda thought you would slap me" You mumble.

She glares at you. "I'm tempted to now."

You smile nervously. "Please don't"

"Still not friends?" Tony calls.

You stick your middle finger up and kiss Nat again. "Nope, I hate her, she's horrible, definitely not friends"

A/n

Didn't know where to end this one so just kinda stopped.

Please leave requests.

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeeeeee