3.

Hazel caught the football that Drew threw at her, then immediately found herself horizontal on top of Hawk. His arms were like steel bands around her waist and his face was grinning not an inch away from hers.

"This isn't tackle football," she admonished with absolutely no fire. He ignored her and leaned forward to part her lips with his own. His tongue slid in and she soon forgot all about the football, the park, the kids watching. That is, until Hawk snatched the ball, got up quickly, and ran away backwards, winking at Hazel.

"You fight dirty, Davila," she shouted, hopping up and running after him. Drew sent her a look and she grinned sheepishly.

"Sorry, buddy, he's got a tasty mouth and he knows how to use it," she shrugged.

"That is so much information about my brother that I never wanted to know," Drew said with an exasperated expression on his face.

Hazel tilted her head unapologetically and watched on as Hawk threw the football down in the touchdown zone they had designated then went on to scoop a giggling Jenny up and twirl her around in a victory dance before setting her down and giving her a huge high five. Hazel's whole body warmed at the sight. Without any warning, she took off at a run and when she reached Hawk, she jumped on his back. He took a step forward because he wasn't braced for it, but his arms automatically slid around to hold her up under her ass. He laughed and turned his head to the side, opening up his cheek and jaw to her. Hazel took the invitation and planted a huge kiss on his cheek before she started nibbling seductively on his jaw.

"Not here, baby," he murmured, squirming a little like he was trying to adjust himself. She chuckled evilly and moved on to his neck.

"I'm sorry, are you getting a little...uncomfortable?" she asked before sucking on that spot right below his ear that she knew was hyper sensitive.

"With your mouth on my neck, the last thing I am is uncomfortable. However, things will start to get embarrassing if you keep doing that," he said, raising an eyebrow.

Hazel sighed her agreement and hopped down off his back. He immediately wrapped an arm around her shoulder and pulled her tightly into him.

"It's starting to get dark, we should probably get everyone home, yeah?" he asked.

Hazel nodded, but her face was down.

Hawk grabbed her chin and tilted her face up so she was looking at him.

"What's wrong?" he asked softly.

"I'm leaving tomorrow," she said sadly. She reminded him of a puppy who's new bone was taken away.

"Yeah, but I'll be home in a few days and, baby, my first stop will not be the academy."

She perked up.

"Really?"

"Of course. What, did you think I was going to let you go just because of a two hour distance?"

She shrugged and muttered something.

"I'm sorry what was that?"

"It would have worked as an excuse," she repeated only a little louder.

"An excuse for wha-?" He cut off when he realized what she was saying then he rolled his eyes. "You're absolutely, certifiably insane, Ms. Somer, if you think any man, especially one who's made out with you, would actually want to get away from you."

He kissed the top of her head with a chuckle.

"Excuse," he muttered in the same tone someone would say, 'yeah, right.'