5.

Hazel ushered everyone out the door, calling out her wishes for their joy and happiness on the grand adventure they call dinner. When they were gone and the door was closed, she squealed and ran to the kitchen. She put in popcorn and grabbed a bag of m&m's then ran to the couch and turned on the television. She still had another five minutes, and right now the talk show hosts were talking about the opponents for the next fight. She settled in then froze.

"Drinks," she muttered to herself, jumping off the couch and grabbing herself a can of diet coke from the fridge and running back in time to hear them say Hawk's name.

"Now, Hawkins Davila has been on our radar for a couple weeks now, hasn't he, Bryan?" the reporter on the left said, looking imploringly at his co-host.

"Yes, he has, Jay. This eighteen year old kid has been absolutely massacring his way through the competition. As of right now, he is undefeated."

"But," Jay put in, raising a hand, "to be fair, those weren't televised fights, and the crowd wasn't huge. So, we have no idea how he works under pressure."

"That's true. Now, Hawkins has been fighting practically his whole life. He's been attending the Cane Filbert UFC Training Academy for boys since he was seven, which is unheard of."

"Do we know why he started so early?"

"No, Bryan, neither Cane nor Hawkins himself have been available for comment on that. They do already have a name for him at the academy, though."

"Oh? What's that?"

"They call him Hawkins 'The Devil' Davila."

"I like that, Jay. Catchy, it works with his last name, and from what I've heard, it's accurate."

Jay chuckled and looked into the camera.

"Well, there you have it, folks, Hawkins 'The Devil' Davila will be facing off against Mickey Rivulet right now. Let's give it to you, Chase."

The camera cut to Chase Minor who was standing outside the arena while the camera panned around the audience. The audience who was screaming their asses off.

Hazel started clapping for support even though she knew Hawk couldn't see her. She grinned like an idiot at all the posters she saw around the audience that were cheering on Hawk.

Her phone rang and she was tempted to ignore it, but she didn't want her parents to come back early because she didn't answer a call so she picked it up.

"Hello?" she answered, maybe a little snappier than she meant to.

"Am I interrupting something?"

Hazel gasped.

"Hawk!" she squealed. "Babe, I'm literally sitting here waiting for you to come out and do your thing."

He chuckled and she felt it all the way down to her toes.

"Yeah, baby, I'm about to go on. I just wanted to hear your voice. You know, good luck and all that."

"Well," she said, her voice dropping down to a seductive rasp, "good luck."

He groaned.

"Fuck, don't use that voice. I don't need people thinking I'm getting hard from Mickey Rivulet while I'm thinking of it."

"Then I suggest you don't think of it," she giggled in a regular voice.

"Yeah, whatever," he said with amusement.

"Seriously, Hawk. Kick ass, yeah?"

"Yeah, babe," he said in a gentle voice.

"Ah! I'm so excited! I've never seen you fight before."