Chapter 9

~ ~ ~
"YOU GUYS MADE A BABY WHILE I WAS GONE?" She screamed walked in.

I blushed in embarrassment. "I'm just watching Emma for a friend."

She smirked a little, watching Damon play with Emma. "Guys, good news. Guess who's going to be living here for the month?"

Damon groaned. "You have your own apartment Laney, why are you always here."

She smiled excitedly. "Because...I'm helping Selena Vanport plan a wedding!"

Damon's jaw dropped. "Seriously? Delaney that's amazing."

He went over to hug her while I stood there confused. "Umm...who's Selena Vanport?" I asked in confusion.

Delaney turned to me. "She's like the best wedding planner ever! Working with her basically guarantees you good future clients."

I nodded. "Good job, Laney. That sounds really amazing!" I gave her a hug and turned my head back to the food, wanting to give the siblings a moment to themselves. I always felt like I was intruding.

Cutting pieces of lasagna and putting them on plates, I set the table for three people. Luckily, I'd made extra, figuring that I'd give the leftovers to Ashley.

"Here, I'll take Emma. I need to change her anyway." I held out my arms for Emma. She smiled at me, giggling as always.

Taking her upstairs into the bathroom, I changed her diaper and then put her on the bed.

Getting an idea, I smiled excitedly. Usually, I wasn't one to meddle, but this was a special case. Picking up my new phone Damon had gotten me — because apparently my old one was "outdated" — I called Gabriel. He was one of the few contacts I had in there.

"Hey Olivia, what's up?" He answered on the third ring.

I smiled. "Delaney just came back from her internship. We're all having dinner if you want to come?" I didn't want to tell him about her job, that was her news to share.

"I'm finishing up a case right now, I'll be there in 20. Don't tell Laney or Damon, I'll surprise them." He said into the phone.

I agreed and hung up. If I was going to be stuck here for a year, the least I could do was make sure Gabe and Laney ended up together.

"Hey Laney. Hey Damon," Gabe casually walked into the kitchenbe! When do you get here?" Laney ran around the kitchen island to give him a hug.

He pulled her close, squeezing tightly as if his life depended on it. I could literally see the tension drain out of him as he smiled softly into her hair. They were made for each other.

Gabe smiled and reluctantly pulled away from the hug. "I came as soon as I heard my favorite girl was back from her internship. How'd it go?" He tucked a piece of hair behind her ear.

I smiled at them softly before Emma started fussing. I turned my attention to her. Picking her up, I smiled innocently when Damon gave me a suspicious look. "What?"

He shook his head grumpily and turned back to the computer which he had taken out. I sighed and continued setting the table grumbling under my breath. Who brought work to dinner anyway?