Chapter 16

The next two months flew by and it was April before I knew it. Eva kept insisting we start planning the wedding. Damon and I managed to hold her off, saying we wanted to wait at least two years before getting married. We were only six months into this whole mess and had another six to go. We didn't want to start planning the wedding only to have to cancel everything after. Still, Eva insisted I at least go look at wedding dresses. So as not to seem suspicious, we agreed.

"Damon! I'm going out with your mom!" I shouted to him up the stairs while throwing my sneakers on. He came downstairs, carrying his Mac in one hand and my purse in another.

He laughed. "Are you forgetting something?"

I grabbed it out of his hand just as his mom walked in. I smiled up at him, leaning up to kiss the corner of his mouth. "Bye, Damon."

He held on to my waist and leaned in. "Don't I get a little more than that. After all, I am your future husband," he teased.

I blushed as his mother laughed, amused.

"I'll give you two a moment. Damon, your father wanted me to grab some files from you today." She hurried up the stairs.

He nodded, never taking his eyes off me. "So...do I get anything else?"

My breath caught in my throat as I tried to control myself. This was all an act, I had to keep reminding myself. But, as I stared into his eyes, I struggled to remember that.

Before I knew what was happening, we were both leaning in. He pushed me against the wall, every inch of his body pressing into mine. I gasped as he kissed me deeper, letting out a little moan. I was past caring, my hands were tangled in his hair as I reached up to kiss him again. He lifted me up and I wrapped my legs around him. He carried him over to the couch, where he gently laid me down.

I moaned again, as he mumbled something under his breath. "I've wanted to do this since the day I met you." He pressed soft kisses on my mouth and down my neck, leaving me a moaning mess.

The clicking of heels tore us apart from each other. I straightened out my clothes and moved away from Damon. Oh god, oh god, what had I just done. I ruined everything.

Eva came down the stairs with a file in her hand, talking on the phone. She hung up, and laughed when she saw us all flustered. "Just like your father. That man was insatiable, I tell you."

Now it was my turn to laugh as Damon looked nauseous. "MOM! That's disgusting." She just laughed. "Liv will be down in a minute, I just need to talk to her about something important."

I could literally feel my heart drop in my chest. This was it. He was going to kick me out. Tell me that I shouldn't have done that, and this was all an act.

His mom, not realizing the gravity of the situation, just chuckled again. "Alright, but if you two take too long, I may have to come back to pull you away from her."

Damon rolled his eyes and waited for her to leave. Then he turned to me with a serious look in his eyes. "Olivia, I'm sorry. That should have never happened between us."

I felt my heart clench from his words. Of course not. It hurt even more when he called me Olivia. He never did unless he was serious.

"I completely took advantage of you and I'm so sorry for that. It will never happen again. It was a mistake. I understand if you don't want to do this anymore. The money's still yours; I can come up with an excuse to tell my parents."

NO. "NO!" I blurted before I could stop myself. I had to stop myself from crying as I remembered what he had called me: a mistake.

"It's okay, it was both our faults." I struggled to remain professional. "Let's just pretend it never happened and go back to the way things were." I had to force the words out of my mouth. I was past the point of sanity. I knew it would break me, staying with the man I loved and not being able to do anything about it. But if it meant I got another six months with him, I would take it in a heartbeat.

He looked surprised, but nodded. "Okay then."

I got up and he followed suit. "Have fun shopping with my mom," he laughed, grabbing my hand and leading me towards the door. I laughed weakly along with him, trying to ignore that he was holding my hand.