Chapter 22

I groaned painfully as sunlight flooded our room. I pried my eyes open, trying to ignore the pounding headache.

"Morning sunshine."

I groaned at the cheerful voice that seemed way too loud. "What happened?" I clutched my head as I sat up to look at Damon.

His eyes darkened and he looked away from me angrily. He handed me an Advil and a glass of water. "Take this."

My jaw dropped. "Oh my god, did I get drunk? I am so sorry, I really wasn't going to drink any alcohol."

Damon clamped my mouth shut. "You didn't do anything wrong Liv, don't worry. Though I will be having a fun chat with Amelia." He smiled harshly.

"Did I say anything? Or do anything?" I gulped nervously. I'd never gotten drunk before.

"You are quite the lightweight," Damon smiled at me. "And we did quite a few things," he winked at me.

I almost threw up. Oh god, what had I done. I squeaked, "I'm so sorry, I can't remember what happened, I-I—"

I was cut off by Damon's hand. "Relax Liv, I'm joking, you didn't do anything wrong."

I sighed in relief. I tried to decipher the emotion in his eyes. I was usually pretty good at figuring at what he was thinking, but right now, it was impossible. Suddenly, his face clouded over and a familiar emotion came up - anger.

"I'm going to go talk to Amelia now," Damon growled.

I struggled to get up. "Wait," I called out weakly. He turned back around, looking concerned.

He helped me up, and I realized I was in just my bra and a pair of shorts.

"Who- Wh- what?" I sputtered, wrapping my arms around my stomach.

He reassured me. "I didn't look, don't worry. You took off your dress in the middle of the night."

I grabbed a nearby shirt and threw it on, feeling flustered. Following him, I hid a small grin as Damon grabbed my hand.

He stomped over to where Amelia was. She saw us and looked surprised. "Hi Damon! Here to eat breakfast with me?"

I could see his temper flaring and knew how angry he was. "Are you fucking kidding me, Amelia," he roared. "You made Liv pick up that glass and hurt herself and then you got her drunk," he ran his hands through his hair, looking frustrated.

She rolled her eyes, picking at her nails. "Relax, Damon, she knew it was alcohol. I told her, did she leave that little detail out? And as for the glass, well, just because she's married to a rich playboy now doesn't mean she shouldn't clean up after herself."

My mouth dropped. Could this woman be any more delusional? Did she really think she was in the right here? I heard the sound of a fist smashing the table. I winced as I looked at Damon's hand. He stalked closer to Amelia, looking the angriest I'd ever seen him, except that first night at the restaurant. I stepped in front of him. I didn't want him making a scene, even if it was to defend my honor.

"Damon," I cupped his face, "let's just go, it's not worth the hassle." A crowd was forming around us as people looked on curiously.

He was breathing hard. Even Amelia looked scared at this point. "Kiss me," he demanded. I stared at him wide eyes. "Liv, kiss me right now or I don't think I'll be able to control myself."

I bit my lip nervously. I leaned up, planting my mouth on his very softly. He tried to deepen the kiss when I pulled away. I subtly tilted my head towards the crowd. It felt weird to kiss for an audience, as ironic as that sounded. Because this felt different. It was for him this time, not the audience.

He gave Amelia one last glare before pulling me away. We walked towards Gabe and Laney, who looked kind of worried.

Damon let out a defeated sigh. "You guys were right this entire time. Amelia is crazy."

"We have a bigger problem than that right now," Laney held up an article on her phone. I squinted against the sun, trying to read it.

It read Trouble in Paradise? with a picture of Amelia and Damon at the top.

Damon cursed. "How'd they get a picture? They said no paparazzi on the boat."

"Someone else probably recognized the two of you and took the picture," I shrugged morbidly, staring at the picture. They looked so good together.

"Huh," I looked up realizing everyone had been talking.

"You guys need to up the PDA for a while," Gabe winked at me.

I knew what he was trying to do so I protested. "Will it really make that much of a difference," I argued.

"I think we should take some precautions from now on." I waited for Damon to go on. "People are always watching us. And I don't want a small slip up to cost us everything."

"So...what does that mean?" I ventured to ask.

"With everyone always watching us, we can't afford to mess up. We just have to spend more time together and act more loved up. No breaking character in public."

I nodded slowly. Maybe that wouldn't be too bad. It just meant I would get more time with him over these next six months. And since Damon was the one suggesting it, he obviously didn't mind.

I glanced down at his arm. "Damon, look what you did to your hand." I traced my fingers over the bruises that had already begun to form on his knuckles.

"We have matching injuries now," I giggled as I held up my hand next to Damon's.

He scowled at my hand. "Not funny Liv. I might just have to go back there and give her a piece of my mind." I rolled my eyes a little at that. He looked away from me until I let go of his hand.

"Where are you going?"

I ignored his question and rushed over to the medical station. A guy who looked a few years older than me stood up. "What can I get you?"

"Just an ice pack please," I smiled at him. "My fiancé hurt his hand."

The guy chuckled. "Got it." I peeked over, surprised at the sheer amount of ice packs.

"That's a lot of ice packs," I commented, smiling.

He let out a hearty laugh. "Yeah, well, you wouldn't believe some of the stupid stuff people do."

I grinned. "So how'd you end up working here? This seems like such a cool job!"

He started to reply until I felt an arm yanking me to someone's side. "And who's this?" Damon asked coldly.

"I'm Elias, the head nurse," he held his hand out for Damon to shake. After a few seconds, he pulled it away as he realized Damon wasn't going to shake it. Elias continued, unfazed. "I haven't had the pleasure of meeting either of you, luckily."

I giggled at the luckily, remembering what he had told me before about injuries. "Well, I'm Olivia and this is Damon, my fiancé," I grabbed Damon's hand, holding the ice pack to it.

Damon smirked at Elias before turning towards me. "I missed you Liv." He leaned down and kissed me. He looked over smugly at Elias before walking away.

I said a quick thank you to Elias before chasing after Damon.