Twenty One

Jungkook entered the hall, where the council awaits with almost all the other alphas sitting in circle, surrounding the three head alphas.

Ji-yong, Taeyang, and Seung-hyun.

They gather once in a while to discuss about important matters concerning their kind and the rogues.

"You're almost late, Jeon." Taeyang muttered, motioning for the younger alpha to occupy the seat next to Minho, the alpha of the south-eastern pack.

Jungkook followed, tapping the shoulder of Minho as a greeting, the older smiling in return.

They waited for everyone to settle down before Ji-yong, the oldest, stands, all eyes on him.

"We don't have time for pleasantries." He stated, face void of any emotion.

"Last night, the rogues have caused another horrific attack, killing three betas from Seojoon's pack." Ji-yong muttered, face showing a hint of anger this time.

Jungkook scanned the room and noticed that Seojoon is not there, his best friend Hyungsik also missing.

"There could have been more deaths if Hyungsik and his men didn't show up in time. Lucky for us, we were able to pick up the distressed call from Seojoon, and Hyungsik immediately responded to help out." Seung-hyun added, earning a lot of reactions from the other alphas.

"This couldn't go on! We need to eliminate all those rogues soon before their force becomes unstoppable." SooBin commented, everyone agreeing at his remarks, a rather bold one for a young blood.

"I agree. If we won't do anything about this, they'll get cocky and will think of us as cowards!" Minho gritted his teeth, thinking about the attack that happened in his pack months ago.

Taeyang finally stood, wanting to control the raging emotions of the alphas.

"We can't just act out because of our anger. We need to plan our actions to make sure we can eliminate them in one go without getting ourselves killed." He reasoned out. He looked at the alphas and his gaze landed on Jungkook.

"Right now, we need to be alert, especially you, Jungkook." He motioned toward the raven.

Jungkook isn't shocked anymore. Out of all the alphas inside the hall, Jungkook knows the rogues are after him.

No alpha in the history has ever stayed alive after getting his mate killed. No other one except Jungkook and everyone knows that, the rogues included.

This has somehow made the other alphas respect him, not to mention, he's also a pure blood, the rarest of all.

"I heard you've found a new mate." Taeyang stated and nobody seemed to be shocked, which only means that the news have circulated fast.

"As much as I don't like to." Jungkook mumbled, voice laced with disgust, his eyes rolling in utter distaste.

"You need to be extra careful. We're not sure if you'll still be able to live if your mate would be killed the second time." Ji-yong warned, eyes a little soft for the younger who's become like a brother to him.

Jungkook didn't respond. He will never tell anyone outside his pack that his life now depends on his mate. He doesn't trust everyone in there to show his vulnerability.

"Your new omega, is she from your pack?" Seung-hyun asked, almost making Jungkook smirk.

So they still don't know that my mate is not an omega, but a human and a he not she.

"From my pack." Jungkook briefly answered, shrugging his shoulders, dismissing the subject.

The meeting took a little longer after that, discussing different matters and finding new ways to counterattack the rogues.