Chapter 8

(A/N Jayda on the side played by Candice Swanepoel)

Jayda's POV

I wake up to my phone beeping, signaling I have a text. I look to my right and Maddox isn't laying down next to me,I hear the shower running so i guess he must be showering. Wiping the sleep from my eyes and sitting up on the bed i check the text.

It was from an unknown number.

"Jayda it's Carson, I wanted to know if we are still up for dinner? And if can it be today?" Reads the text.

Thinking about seeing Carson without Maddox knowing fills me with dread. I mean I don't want to go behind Maddox's back but he would have a fit if he finds out.

Sighing I text back:

"Sure Carson, I will tell Ellie and Nikki to be ready. Does 5pm sound okay? I don't want to be out to late"

His reply was instant:

"Oh yeah... Tell them i guess. And 5 sounds perfect"

I don't text back because a reply isn't really needed.

I lay back down on the bed, burying my face in the pillow and groaning.

"You okay Jayda?" I hear Maddox say making me jump. He is wearing pajama pants, guess he is staying with me today.

"Yeah, I am okay, you just startled me" I lie.

He raises an eyebrow "You sure? You look a little jumpy?"

"Me jumpy? Nah if anything I am un jumpy" I say and let out a nervous laugh. "Anyways, I am going to take a shower" I quickly add and grab clothes running towards the bathroom and getting inside the shower.

Now Maddox must definitely know I am hiding something. I have never been bad at lying so I don't know what happened.

I stay in the shower for I don't know how long. My fingers are pruny when I get out, I towel dry my hair and put on clean undergarments. I look at the clothes i had grabbed when I rushed into the bathroom and frown.

I had picked up an extremely dressy shirt and some bunny pijama shorts.

I quickly slip on the shorts and the shirt and get out if the bathroom.

Maddox sees me and raises an eyebrow "This is not what Tyra Banks meant when she said that you always need to keep it classy but casual babe" he jokes making me roll my eyes.

"You were paying way too much attention to that show Maddox" I mumble making him laugh.

I quickly go into the walk in closet and put a tank top on.

I go downstairs to make us both breakfast, hoping he stays in the bedroom, sadly he follows me to the kitchen.

Now don't get me wrong, I love spending time with Maddox more than anything else but now that I am hiding something from him its just torture. I have this feeling that he is already on to me, like he knows that I am meeting Carson.

I mind link Nikki that we are going to have dinner tonight and tell her not to mention it to Maddox, she agrees and tells me she will tell Ellie to be ready.

"Who are you mind linking?" Maddox voice snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Ummm- well I am talking to Nikki about errrn stuff- ummm period" I stumble on my words and he looks at me weirdly.

"Is there something you aren't telling me Jayda?" Maddox says engulfing my small hands into his big ones and looking at me straight in the eyes.