70. all those dreams where you're my wife

Oop...it's the last chapter lads.

The boys left the following morning for Ireland, they had a few shows left before the end of their tour.

When Kat got back from work that day, she had just planned on making herself some pasta and trying to write some songs. She had had a difficult day, the boys in the band she was working with weren't co operating very well and seemed to just want to mess around.

She tried to find pasta in her cupboard but couldn't seem to find any. With a sigh, she pulled up the deliveroo app and ordered herself a Nando's.

Walking around her new flat, she picked up a few things and started to sort through the mail. What she found was a letter with no address or anything, it just said 'Kat' on the front.

She opened the letter and found the familiar scrambled handwriting.

Dear Kitty,

Words cannot describe to you how much I will miss you for the next week, having only just got you back. I can only promise you that I will come back as your Matty.

I know we've had a difficult past and I know neither of us knew that all our problems would disappear when we started dating but for the first time in a very long time, I feel truly happy.

I have made promises I intend to keep, I have made promises in the past that I have broken but the promises in this letter you can hold me too as they are literally in writing.

Anyways, you're beautiful, you're stunning and I don't think there's anyone else in this world that can make me cry with laughter and make me wanna take all my clothes off at the same time. ;) I love your hair, your eyes and the way they become a bit darker when you've had a drink. I love the way you are shameless in everything you do, it's your best quality. You are so sure of yourself, I'm jealous.

Katherine, I'm going to make two promises to you in this letter (two pretty big ones).

Firstly, when I get back from tour I am going to buy you whatever house you want in London. Whatever size, I will take out loans, borrow from my parents or even rob a bank to get you the house you want. You deserve whatever you want, wherever you want to live.

Secondly, I'm going to propose so get ready. I'm not going to tell you when or how but it's going to happen so if you don't want it to happen you have at least a week to get over it because it's happening. I love you too much to not want to give you everything as your husband.

Kit, you've fixed me. I almost killed myself trying to deal with my feelings for you and made so so so so many mistakes along the way but no more. I wanna be yours forever to quote your new favourite person's band (not jel).

I'm so happy you've let me into your life, introduced me to Tammy, pushed me to write better songs, to be a better person, to not be a dickhead, to not make stupid mistakes and lastly, for allowing me to believe I am somewhat good enough for you. That last one took a long time to comprehend.

I love you and I'll see you soon.

Always yours,

Matty.

—————————————————————
I have no fucking clue how to end books so I apologise.

Anyway, thank you every single one of you for reading this book and leaving so much love for it. I truly appreciate it.

I have a Timothée Chalamet book already finished up and I've just started an Alex Turner book which I'm so excited to write so if you're into either of them then go for it.

Also feel free to recommend me any new bands/ artists to get into so that I can fall in love with someone new and write another book in the future.

Thank you so much, again.