Engineered Empress Part 29

Chapter 29

"Glith is the Anri'Te name for the the heavy metal molecule your mother overdosed while being pregnant with you. Under human standards it is completely inert and has no use. The Anri'Te were able to interchange the individual atoms of this four-atom molecule. Because each atom in one molecule has the same resonanz due to quantum entanglement, they were, after exchanging atoms of different molecules, able to communicate and send energy from one molecule to another." Bia was surprised and asked.

"But wouldn't they need a huge amount of energy to mix those molecules with each other? What did they do? Dropped a thermal nuclear bomb?"

"Yes, something like that. The first production was an accidental one. In what you call a particle accelerator there where a contamination with Glith. The results were weird. Instead of splitting the molecules apart they near instantly regrouped just with other atoms. It was unlike any chain reaction they ever saw. This was the beginning into studying one of the main building blocks of the planet." Ceri paused for Bia to digest this info.

"After carefully studying the new Glith molecules they found that they had, due to the entanglement of the original four atoms, new properties. Shortly the production of these new connected Glith molecules began. History showed the Anri'Te were also people who destroyed their own civilization with war. During the last upheaval a scientist that usually worked with nanites came up with a new weapon, that would destroy the targeted area and return it to rubble. Certain to obtain victory he set of a nanite bomb in the enemy state. This bomb ate through all Glith molecules and rearranged them by a hundredfold. The subsequent result wasn't only the capital lay in rubble.

No, it had a chain reaction and the whole planet went through a six-day upheaval. 85% of the population died in those six days. All structures where destroyed and the society had to be restarted from there. Thanks to a seed depot at one of the poles the Anri'Te did not die out. The next society they build was more careful to live with nature and not to destroy it again. I don't know why their planet was destroyed in the end, but it wasn't their own doing." Bia remembered the horror stories what humans did throughout history to each other. Although it was morally much more horrid even humanity never was reduced by that high a margin.

"But, Ceri. Hunters Back was built because they found this element you called Glith. But the scientist never found out its properties. How come they weren't successful?"

"As far as I understand the notes, I dug up from the research station, they did not use a big enough control group. To not get contaminations they used probes from all over the place. The chances of finding corresponding molecules this way was highly unlikely. Had they just taken apart one rock and tested it they could have discovered its properties. Well, maybe... if they isolated the right molecules. If they test a small lump all would have reacted the same way. I think the Anri'Te only discovered its properties because they had an extreme small control group in the particle accelerator."

"But how did it come you started in me and are able to communicate not only with me but the guys and the Core." Asked Bia trying to comprehend the magnitude of coincidences for that.

"Bia, while your mother was pregnant, she was contaminated by a few milligrams of Glith that had its origin in one of the nodes. In this tiny particle was one cell that made up the floor of the node. The fluctuation of Peryglid started the reproduction of the cell inside you and thanks to the Glith contamination I was able to connect to the core."

"Okay, but doesn't this give you an extremely narrow bandwidth to communicate?" Asked Bia incredulously and Ceri replied.

"Not at all. Your mum ingested just a few milligrams but that gives me still about 1018 connections of which about half are to the core. Over time I stored every Glith molecule that corresponded to the original inside your bones to be used at a later point. I use only about 10 for each communication node I built except for the node on Wandu. That one uses only 8 molecules and I already transferred new ones to Zar while you touched. I would prefer more on Wandu but that is what I am working with now. At this time, I could inoculate 869people with ten molecules of Glith each and have still enough stored in your bones to recreate the existing communication node three times over. So, don't worry I won't ever lose connection to you again." Bia sighed at that.