TG: Part Two

They were riding the boat across the water. Will and Wendy were playing with a beach ball, when Bill walked up to them.

"OK, what's the number one problem when hunting a monster?" he asked them.

"The stupids don't use holy water," Wendy said.

"The side character immediately gets killed off," Will answered, then got nervous. "Bro, am I a side character?"

"Worse, you're my lovable sidekick," Bill said. "So your fate will be twice as painful."

Will gulped.

"And, the correct answer was camera troubles," Bill told them. "Imagine you're looking for Bigfoot, and then there's no film in the camera! So I bought eighteen disposal cameras. Two in my socks, two for each of you, six in my jacket, seven in my backpack, and one in my belt loop. Let's test them out."

Will accidentally turned on the camera, the sudden flash made him cry out in alarm and throw it overboard.

"That's OK, that's why we brought backups,"Bill reassured. "Now we have seventeen."

A bird suddenly swooped down at Wendy. "Shoot, bird!" Then she threw her camera at it as it flew away.

"Sixteen!" Bill said, forcing a smile. "Guys, I repeat, don't lose the cameras."

"Wait, lose the cameras?" Wendy asked.

"DON'T!" Bill snapped.

"I just threw two over to piss you off," Wendy said, pointing to the floating cameras.

"Son of a--!" Bill paused, and rubbed the bridge of his nose. "We have fourteen! We have fourteen--" He slammed his fist down, hearing a crack. "Thirteen. We have thirteen cameras."

"So, do we throw more cameras overboard or...?" Will questioned.

Do not strangle your brother, Cipher, Bill thought. No matter how strong the temptation is.

"No," he said calmly. "Here's the plan, Wendy will be lookout, you'll drive, and I'll be captain."

"Aw, I wanted to be captain," Will pouted.

"Too bad."

"How about co-captain?" Will asked.

Bill sighed. "There's no such thing--"

"Whoops!" Will said, throwing a camera overboard. "I guess that makes twelve."

"OK!" Bill said quickly. "You can be co-captain."

"Can I be first mate?" Wendy asked.

"As co-captain, I authorize that request," Will declared.

"Well, as original captain, I am this close to throwing myself off the deck," Bill muttered.

"Cheer up," Wendy said. "I got a plan to lure the monster to us, with this barrel of fish guts." She pointed to a steel barrel standing nearby.

"Do we want to lure it to us?" Will noted.

"And do we really want fish guts on board?" Bill asked, crinkling his nose in disgust.

"It'll work," she promised. "And you better keep yourselves busy, it's going be a long ride."

                                                     ❇❇❇

They were slowly approaching the island, and Bill decided to pass the time, by pretending a pelican was a dummy.