Explanations

Why I had both Ace and Seth mated/imprinted with Natalia
At first, I was only going to have her mated with Ace, but then I started to think about all the werewolves in the story that haven't imprinted yet.

My favourites are Embry and obviously Seth. And when I started to think more into Seth's character I realized how great the two would work. The reason why I was thinking this way was because Seth was always looked at as a kid who needed to be protected all the time because of his young age. He was kept out of things and of the fight with the newborn army just to keep him safe. Natalia on the other hand when she was still human was kept pretty much all her human life locked up in her home because of her status. They understand what it means to be treated like they are weaker and need to be protected all the time. Seth also lost his father in New Moon while Natalia lost her mother when she was only a baby. Yes, she never met her but that only made it worse, they both knew what it was like to lose a parent. Seth has also very childish behavior and is very easygoing with a pure mind which works well with Natalia who is very easygoing as well but also pure and innocent. They were able to help each other and understand each other by their past but also complete each other. I also needed someone to finally heal her. After what happened between Natalia and Ace her heart was shattered. Now I didn't use Seth just as someone who would heal her and then be thrown away, no he was used as someone who would make her who she used to be.

Another reason for Seth was that I wanted to have an imprint that in the end had a platonic relationship with their imprint instead of a romantic one. I looked through books and I personally couldn't find a book where the character didn't end up with the person that imprinted on them. Now I'm not saying that there isn't a book out there that made the imprint bond between the two characters platonic I mean I just never came across one. That was a bit funny for me and I just wanted to mix things up.

Now when it came to Ace it's a little different. Ace as a human had a very cold upbringing. He grew up with three older brothers, a strict/absent father and a mother. Because of his past, he grew colder than he already was making him not able to feel love or care towards another person. When his father hired a man to kill him it was like the final thing that made him the cold person that he became. He wasn't close with his family but he would have never wanted to harm them before. He became emotionless and quite rude, he was able to seem cocky and arrogant only to make himself seem less broken. Natalia being so pure and innocent made him feel love for the first time. Even as a human he still didn't believe in the aspect of love and never imagined himself having a family. She was the only good thing that happened in his life. He was different for her, he was good for her. She healed the bruises that his family gave him. She gave him hope that there was still some good left in the world. For her he helped her by bringing fun into her life, he was able to be unexpected and irrational at times making the girl's somewhat peaceful life colorful. She brought him love and peace while he brought her the unexpected and adventures. He brought out a completely different person in her.

Why Natalia didn't use her powers too often

Firstly I just want to point out that Natalia is a pacifist at heart, she knows the abilities she has but she doesn't like to use them unless she really needs to, she likes to believe she can solve problems with words, at least try first. She also grew up with a father who was hungry for power, she first hand witnessed what power did to people and how it corrupted some.

Why Natalia didn't really like Bella at the beginning
Alright so at the very beginning before New Moon Natalia wasn't very fond of Bella because she was scared of losing her family. She had lost so many people prior to that like her mother, father, and Ace that she couldn't imagine losing them too. When it comes to the people she cares about and treats like family she is able to become utterly ruthless in their defense.