Chapter 32: Voyage To Sea

Song Quote: Beings
"These will be times that I will miss
Don't blame me if I don't come through I spent a lifetime on this
But I would give it up for you Because I know what you do out of passion But it only makes it harder for me
And I know that you're scared by the notion We'll become who we're meant to be. Fall in the hands of a greater unknown Let me be there And tell me if you need time to prepare All we'll demand is the world"
~~~

Your Pov:
"So that's the fabled dark island huh" Dareth said aloud as you both looked out to the ocean spotting an island shrouded in a dark haze.

"Seems so" you replied watching the falcon fly out towards the island scouting ahead. Dareth left your side returning back to his duties of looking after the citizens that were evacuated.

Small huts have been set up on the beach for the time being and it seems the people have been adjusting well despite all that happened. It's funny watching Dareth try to fix up one of the dilapidated homes and some children tried messing with him.

Looking over to the Destiny's Bounty the ninja were working on repairs so you headed over offering some assistance since you've been on standby with nothing to do.

Looking up on the platform you watched Jay get sprayed by some fuel from a loose pipe.

"Ugh, useless pile of junk" Jay groaned kicking the thruster in frustration.

"Oh, it's worse than I feared." Nya sighed listing off the issues "The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain, she's not getting airborne anytime soon."

Pulling yourself up onto the platform you sat there listening to the conversation "So if the stone army attacks again we're sitting ducks" Cole frowned at the news.

"Uh, ducks can fly Cole, weren't you listening?" Jay retorted raising a eyebrow at the earth ninja.

"We're like penguins because they can't fly" you proposed an alternative bird analogy.

"We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Argh I hate feeling helpless" Kai grumbled.

"We mustn't give up hope Kai" Sensei Wu told the group as him and Zane approached.

"But the stone army is Indestructible you saw it, at best all my powers could do was slow them down" Lloyd told his uncle hopelessly.

"That's not entirely true" Misako butted in "There is a way to defeat them and it is told within the scrolls."

Gathering inside the Bounty Misako unrolled one of her scrolls on the table for everyone to see.

"The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the stone army lies within the green ninja" Misako started to explain.

"I tried already, I gave them everything I had" Lloyd interrupted helplessly.

"Yes but you are stronger than you think" she replied looking at her son and pointed to the scroll again "The true power of the green ninja can only unlock when his four protectors find their own pure elemental powers."

"Are we the protectors?" Cole asked with hopeful eyes.

"Pfft, silly question of course we are, haha. Right?" Jay added but looked to Misako for confirmation.

"If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our elemental weapons no longer exist, we cannot tap into our elemental powers without them" Zane voiced his thoughts aloud.