[28]

Amara's POV

"So... Who's your man?" Beena asks.

I lightly smack her arm to let her know that asking is inappropriate.

Sarah just giggles. "I'll show you."

We were waiting for her to pull out a photo or something until she says, "Follow me."

She begins to take us downstairs and it hits me. "Wait... You invited him here?"

She nods.

"Isn't that sort of considered like... torture?" Zoya says.

"Peter did the same thing and Amara showed up too, didn't she?" Sarah teases.

"Touché." Zoya smirks.

She's got a point.

"So, what's the plan?" I ask while we walk down the stairs.

"You convince Peter to back out of this." Sarah says.

"No way! He doesn't care enough for my opinion to back out just because I told him to." I sigh.

"You didn't let me finish. That's Plan A." She says.

"What's plan B?" I ask.

"I don't have one, that's why I need help." She smiles nervously.

"Leave it to me. I'm the queen of creating master plans." Beena grins.

"She's always wanted to do this. I can tell from the glimmer in her evil eyes." Zoya laughs.

"Look! It's Peter!" Sarah pushes me towards his direction. "Go do your thing!"

Once I catch a glimpse of him my heart flutters the way it did when I first realized I liked him. The fact that he looks like that in his suit isn't helping either.

"Wait," I stop in my tracks. "I don't think I can do this. Maybe you can send one of the other girls to convince him. I really don't think he likes me like that or likes me enough to stop this."

Sarah sighs. "If you can't convince him, no one can. I know it feels like he doesn't like you but I promise you, he does. His ego is just too big to be able to admit it."

I nod as I swiftly make my way across the the hall.

I'm doing this for Sarah, so she can be with the man she truly loves. I would never want anyone to regret something for the rest of their lives or lose a chance where they were so close to what they wanted.

I don't want him to be stuck in a marriage that won't provide him any happiness. I want him to find someone who will love him with all their heart. He deserves happiness, no matter how he hurt me.

On another note, I'm also doing this for selfish reasons because I really want to know if Peter truly feels anything for me. Sarah built up his feelings for me so much that I want to believe that he does.

I keep preparing myself for the worst but I know nothing will stop my heart from breaking again, if things go south.

"Hey." I tap Peter on the shoulder.

He turns around and almost trips. His expression is clearly stunned.

"Hey... Hi! Hello." He chuckles as he looks down. "I'm sorry, I wasn't expecting you."

"I wasn't expecting to be doing this either but here we are." I give him a small smile.

My heart feels like it's swelling up from being so close to him. I can feel it slowly going thumb and my breathing becoming slightly heavy. I hate the effect he has on me, it's physically exhuasting.

"Can I talk to you for a minute?" I ask nervously.

"Uh, yeah. Sure." He looks at me with a bit of confusion.

We make our way to the back, less crowded area of the hall.

"First of all, I want to apologize for being so harsh on you last time we saw each other. I didn't mean to be but..." I say apologetically.

"No! I totally get it." He gives me a sad smile.

"Good because you deserved every bit of it." I laugh, only to try to make myself less nervous. "Sarah asked me to come here to talk to you."

He furrows his eyebrows. "About?"

"About not wanting to go through with this marriage." I say quietly.

His eyes turn dark. He grabs my wrist and pulls me outside into the hall in one swift motion.

I didn't even have the time to blink by the time all this happened.

"And why is she asking you to do this?" His voice has an edge.

I shrug my shoulders. "Because apparently, I'll get through to you."

He scoffs. "Just because you didn't get to have me, doesn't mean you can go around ruining my future relationships."

"Excuse me?" I stare at him in disbelief.

"That's what this is, right? You want to help her get out of this so at the end, you can have me. But let me tell you something, that isn't—"

"Stop!" I yell. "What the hell, Peter?"

I literally stumble backwards because his words hit me like a dagger right in my chest. Tears quickly begin collecting in my eyes as my vision blurs.

My reaction isn't just from being hurt yet again. But it's coming from a place of anger... towards myself.

Over and over again, I expect something better from him, yet over and over again, he pulls the trigger on me. And the funny part? I'm the one who keeps handing him the gun.

"Am I complete joke to you? Is it fun treating me like shit? Do you enjoy watching me shatter into pieces over and over again? Does all of this bring you joy?" My chest is burning from how much it hurts. Tears are spilling down my face as if a dam had just burst.

"You know what? I'll make it easier for you. Why don't you just use a knife and stab me a couple of times to add to your fun?" My words choke out.

I was so blinded by heartbreak and rage that I grab his hand to give my chest one hard hit and it temporarily knocks the wind right out of me. "Does that satisfy your need to keep hurting me?"

"Amara!" He yells. "Stop it!" He pulls me in against his chest and I forget how to breathe again.

He wraps his arms around my waist, holding me tight. I can hear his rapid heartbeat as I lay my head on his chest.

All the anger I had in my body slowly fades away, being replaced by only sorrow from my sudden actions.

I start sobbing into his chest as I grip his shirt. "I want to wish that we never met, I want to wish that I never fell in love with you but I can't. I can't wish that because at one point in time, you gave me so much happiness that I thought my heart would burst from the feeling."

"I know you don't love me but I wish you would've just lied to me, even if it was just a temporary fix. Even a lie would've given my selfish heart some peace." I cry even harder.

At this point, I've made myself sound like an obsessive, sad woman. But I'm in so much pain that it feels like as if death would be a better option. I wish I was being dramatic but the aching in my chest is only growing and spreading throughout my body.

I just want it to stop.

"Amara..." Peter's voice is just a whisper. "I do love you."

- - -

A/N: oop-

Next Update: Sunday, August 11, 2019.

Please vote and comment and let me know how y'all feel!!