38.

"I can't take it anymore," Four groaned.

"Please s-stop," I shoved another fork of dauntless cake in his mouth, "shhh, I got you 4 boxes of cake, the doctors said you need to eat."

"I can't breath," he held my hand before shoving yet another fork in his mouth.

"Wait! I'll get get you the medicine," I stood up but he caught my hand making me sit on the bed again, "I can't breath cause you've been shoving chocolate cake in my mouth for the past hour!"

I looked at the ground, this morning events still lingering, he Held both my arms making me look at him, "stop with the guilt trip, Clary."

"I feel like shit, Tobias! You could've knocked me down more than one time," I pushed his hands off me standing, "Why-why..did you make me do it?"

"Because I couldn't hurt you! I looked into your eyes and-d I just...couldn't," that's doesn't make me feel any better.

"You need to understand, if I did win, Eric could have a reason to lower your rank and you could end up factionless," he stood up, "and if guaranteeing you a spot here would mean I've to get knocked out everyday I would gladly do it for you, Clary," he pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around him.

"And besides," I looked up to him, "you hit like a girl," he smirked.

I shoved him lightly, but he groaned falling into the bed behind him. "Oh my god! Shit I'm so sorry!"

I went up to him, but he began laughing, "you fell for it."

"Too soon, Tobias. Too soon,"

I shoved another fork into his mouth.

"Oh I forgot to tell you," I placed the plate on his nightstand, "I got it back."

I pulled the dark blue amulet from my pocket, he brushed my hand hair from my neck to help me put it on, "now how the hell did you get Eric to give it to you?"

By shoving my hand up his shirt.

"Hmph..just asked him a lot about it till he got annoyed." My cheeks heat up as I remembered our previous encounter.

"I need to tell you something," I looked up to him, "about me about you and..your parents Clary."

"What are you talking about?" I frowned.

"I can't tell you much now. I need to make sure that you passed stage two first."

"Come'on tell me..you trust me right?" I scooped closer to him.

"I do Clary, but I need you to trust me on this one," he squeezed my shoulder, "I just need to know you're not leaving tomorrow."

"And what if I did," I faced his window, "what if I was one of the three who left tomorrow."

It's a possibility.
What if my parents were right?
What if all that was happening is in vain?

"I'll leave with you," I gasped, "No. You won't."

"I left you for two years in that wrecked place to come here, I'm telling you this place is no better than abnegation."

"I can't let you lose everything, Tobias..I'm not worth it,"

That's what my mother said.
That's what my father said.
That's what Eric said.

"Listen to me!" He he cupped my face, "stop listening to people like our parents. They're not worth the pain."

I felt my throat burning as tears filled my eyes, he held me closer and I wrapped my arms around him, "I hate crying."

"Me too." He sniffed.
"Me too."