37. Closer

Ashanti's POV

12 weeks later...

12 weeks had flown by like it was nothing.
I was now 23 weeks pregnant.

I was finally showing and I couldn't be happier to know that my baby was growing.

I hadn't felt the baby kick yet, but the doctor said it was normal so I tried not to worry too much.

The past 12 weeks were so beautiful and I was truly happy as I could have ever been.

Lamonte was the perfect gentleman and was there with me every step of the way.

He took care of me and was completely patient with me.

We hadn't really talked much about us, but I didn't mind it at all.

We were around each other 24/7 and I doubt that he has been with another woman. I started to trust him again and I'm glad I did.

I still hadn't told my parents about me being pregnant or being with Lamonte.

For some reason, I was nervous to tell them.
I couldn't understand why. What could they do to me?

I was grown and I was in a financially stable job.

I kept telling myself it didn't matter what they thought, but my entire life I was always seeking their approval.

I wanted to make everybody happy but myself and during these few weeks, I gained some more self-respect. It was my turn to be selfish and think about me because I was the one carrying a baby.

I pampered myself and Lamonte did any and everything to make me happy.

Ana, Ajax, and Santiago all did the same as well.

They were all smothering me, but I couldn't stop them.

The four of them acted like I was dying, but I was only pregnant.

They were always asking if I was okay or if I needed anything or if I was hungry.

They cooked me food, they cleaned for me, and I was never alone.

I appreciated what they were doing because they were all my family now and they were only trying to show that they cared.

I looked at my watch seeing that it was time to go.

I'm outside. ~ Baby Daddy.

Coming, daddy. ~ Ashanti.

Don't tease me or imma fuck you when you get in this car. ~ Baby Daddy.

Bet you won't. ~ Ashanti.

You'll see. ~ Baby Daddy.

I smirked at his words as I gathered my things to exit the office.

He didn't want me driving anymore so he would pick me up and drop me off at work everyday.

He told me he didn't want me driving in my 'condition.'

I told him that I was just pregnant and I could still drive, but I knew he wasn't going to change his mind being his usual demanding self so I just listened to him.

Today, I requested 2 weeks off because Lamonte said that he was taking me out of town.

He convinced me after days of arguing because he said we would rarely get the chance when the baby comes and I wouldn't be able to travel in the last month of my pregnancy.

I got into the car and immediately my lips were locked with Lamonte's warm, big ones.

I kissed him passionately as he pulled me over gently in his lap.