Chapter 35

Bowen

The room was silent as we watched the she wolf make her way back up the stairs, no one seemed to know how to respond to what just happened. I should be the one reprimanding Micah right now but the way he looked thoroughly defeated by little Sid made me leave him be. I still couldn't understand how quickly and aggressively she had acted in Fletcher's defense, and how pleased my wolf had been for her protectiveness instead of angry over her correcting my pack. "Seriously Fletch, you okay?" Jason murmured out as Simon helped steady the pup back on his feet. "I'll be fine." He whispered as he sent a look towards the stairs.

 "She looked really hot when she was kicking your a**." Beck grinned tauntingly at Micah who was still sitting on the floor. "Uh, yeah she was only wearing a TOWEL!" Tucker exclaimed softly. "Speaking of which, she forgot it and I think I should go return it right now." Emmett grinned cheekily as he picked the towel up and turned towards the stairs. "Don't even think about it E." My warning tone stopped him in his tracks. "Whatever you say boss." He shrugged before throwing the towel over his shoulder and settling in on the couch. 

"She's right, I hurt the pack I'm supposed to protect, Fletch kid I'm so sorry. I screwed up." Micah whimpered out pitifully, his guilt halted any and all joking around the room. "It's okay, I forgive you but her forgiveness might come harder." Fletcher winced out. "Yeah CG can be very protective and stubborn, but she'll come around to forgiving you, eventually." Gavin shared a glance with the stairs and it made me curious how he knew that. "I've never felt bad about fighting you guys till now, we really are a bunch of losers." Daniel murmured sadly. 

"No we're a pack that hasn't been acting like a pack, and it took an outsider she wolf to finally knock some sense into all of us. We're all guilty, like me keeping my distance from the rest of you, that's not exactly being a good pack brother." I was surprised by Asher's admition and the sheer truth behind it. "Oh great, Sid the kid is turning us into a bunch of sissies." Beck growled out softly. "No she's teaching us things about ourselves that even we don't know, helping us face our fears to make us stronger. I went on a run with her today and actually faced off with Spartan and her two mutts." Simon states softly and I'm not the only one surprised. 

"She's changing us, but it's a good kind of change, the sort of change that should have come a long time ago." Colton sighed out. "What are we going to do?" Jason voiced uncertainly. "Well first off we figured out dinner plans for tonight, then we help her with her attackers and after things settle we'll go from there." I gave the order and the discussion was over as we got to work on ordering Pizza since no one felt like cooking tonight. There was a sort of solemness hanging in the air as fear of the unknown rested heavily in the minds of my pack. 

They still did not know of my plans to keep the she wolf amongst us and I would keep that quiet until I was ready, Colton was the only other member who understood what I had in mind and he was loyal enough to keep silent on the matter. There was part of me hesitating over my plans after what I'd just seen, welcoming another alpha into the pack would not be an easy task. I had seen how easily she reprimanded all of them and how quickly she had gotten through to them in a way that I couldn't even if I tried. She was good for us, but my wolf knew that her power held an underlying threat, one of us would have to give eventually and I was not the sort to bow easily.