⚓️ FOURTEEN ~ GODLY ⚓️

Iron gates stood before the three girls covered in 'warning' and 'keep out' signs

Iron gates stood before the three girls covered in 'warning' and 'keep out' signs. There was even a 'Beware of the dog' one, which made Maddy laugh slightly before remembering where she was. Goosebumps ran up her arms as the air seemed to grow colder when the twins approached the gates, pushing them open.

"How big is that dog?" Mal asked, shifting nervously.

"You'll see. Stay quiet, it echoes like crazy in here." Celia said to Mal. "I'm sure you're already aware of that," she says to Maddy.

Shaking her head vigorously, Maddy tried to get Celia to stop talking. But, it was too late.
Mal had already turned to face her sister with a quizzical eyebrow raised.

"What does she mean, Maddy?"

"Nothing."

"I'm sure it was you I saw coming out of here. Only you and Mal have vibrant purple hair and Mal was in Auradon."

"I'm going to need you to stop talking." Maddy snapped at Celia before turning to her twin sister.

Betrayal and hurt flashed across Mal's pretty features. "You visit Hades?"

"It was one time." Maddy admitted, not wanting to talk about the disastrous meeting. "I wanted to see if he had any clue how to get through the barrier and off the Isle so I could be with you guys."

"Aw." Mal went to hug her sister but Maddy took a step back, not wanting to make a moment out of a bad memory.

"Whatever. It was the week you left, he was as useless as ever and I got over it. Now, we've got an ember to steal."

━━━━━━ ♡ ⚓︎ ♡ ━━━━━━

Cycling down the darkened caves, lit by a single lamp swinging from the handle of the bike, the three girls tried to make as little noise as possible. Hiding in the shadows, Maddy watched as Celia stood in front of Hades, ready to distract him or alert Mal, whilst Mal snuck round the back and grabbed the glowing ember. What could go wrong?

Well..

He woke up.

"What are you doing here?" His deep voice echoed through the cave, bouncing off the walls. He didn't move an inch from his position.

Holding her breath, Maddy watched as Mal continued trying to grab the ember. Quicker than lightning, Hades' arm shot out and pinned Mal's to the table, preventing her from getting the ember.

"Hi, Dad." Mal muttered. "Quite a show you put on the other day."

Maddy could feel Celia's shock from where she was hidden.

"I was just coming to see you." Hades stated innocently.

"Wonder why. Is it because I'm going to be Queen?"