|okto|

Untouched

All Rights Reserved

© 2014 Luna Black

~*~

Ariel groaned, feeling her muscles stretching to accommodate to her new position and grimaced once she heard her bones cracking. As she pulled back, she sighed contently, wiggling her toes in front of her.

It had been a long time that she had done her ballet stretches and she almost forgot how amazing it felt to stand in her pointe shoes. She wouldn’t lie, the first day she wore them again, felt like hell. Her feet had grown accustomed to regular shoes and she hadn’t forced her entire weight on her toes for years.

After a week, she managed to familiarize herself with the hard feel of her pointe shoes and was pirouetting around the small room admirably. To the unprofessional eye, she was as graceful as they came, but she knew she was far from her high standards.

Her toes wouldn’t point the right direction or her knees were bent too far apart; there was always something wrong with her position, but the stringent thoughts helped keep her busy. Busy from thinking of him.

She closed her eyes, releasing a soft breath as she slowly stood up and placed her foot on the bed. She didn’t have a barre to exercise with so she had to improvise with the limited amount of objects in her room.

She had no music to dance to, so she made her own. She sang, hummed and even imagined music to help her stay sane. Being stuck inside a small room for a week was far beyond pleasant. She was tempted to sneak out of her room, but she didn’t want to anger Hades anymore.

That lesson was learned and the faint fingertips around her neck reminded her of her place. He didn’t have the right to almost kill her, but she was overreacting. In her eyes, it was his fault as much as hers.

He should’ve placed her somewhere that Persephone hadn’t been in. No man was stupid enough to commit that mistake, but Hades never ceased to amaze her. He was filled with surprises; pleasant and unkind, but surprises nonetheless.

After their horrid altercation, he moved her from Persephone’s old room, but also stopped speaking to her. She hadn’t seen him for an entire week and she was beginning to feel lonelier than she had when she actually lived alone.

Adrianne was usually quiet and was too afraid that something would happen to them, if they angered Hades again. It made Ariel feel like a child that needed a nanny. She had taken care of herself for three years; she could certainly do so for the rest of her life without any aid.

“Milady?” Adrianne knocked on the door gently, before pushing it open and smiling at her widely, “How are you? Would you like any lunch yet?”

Ariel shook her head, breathing out slowly as she used her entire upper body strength to pull herself upwards and stand en pointe. Adrianne grimaced, watching as the woman managed to stand on the tip of her toes and begin walking around the small space in circles.

She bit her bottom lip, watching with cautious eyes and whispered, “Milady, I do not understand how you can possibly find that relaxing.”

Her head fell back as she laughed and had to stand back on her feet to balance herself. “Why not? It helps me calm down and understand my emotions.”

“But it looks painful,” Adrianne scrounged her nose up and shook her head, “in my time, women wouldn’t dare stand in that torturous position.”

“Yeah,” Ariel kept on laughing, “but they wore tight corsets and thick layers of dresses even if it was hotter than Tartarus.”

The girl gave a small smile, watching as she began to unbutton the pale pink pointe shoes. Adrianne handed her a wet cloth to pass over her pained feet and waited for her to sit down on the bed. Ariel motioned with her hand for her to join and she sat down, waiting for further instructions.