Mad City Part 2

"This job required NCT 116 to physically smuggle the weaponry into South Korean territory using fishing boats while NCT 127 was to pull the ropes backstage and allow my father's group to proceed without having to worry about any surprise searches... Hiccup! The plan was to disguise themselves as fisherman so they carried the weapons in crates filled with salmon. This way, if anyone were to open one of the crates, they would see the fish, and would hopefully be turned off from searching the contents thoroughly...Hiccup!" Lucas says as he takes another sip of his martini.

"How did it go wrong?" My curiosity was stronger than my previous feelings of anxiety.

Lucas looked down at his drink and scoffed heavily.

"What went wrong was that that SM son of a bitch, fucked us over."

Lucas must have seen the confusion on my face because after a short pause, he started to elaborate.

"You see, SM was the former leader of NCT and all of its subgroups. He didn't technically belong to any of the groups, but he financed, organized and therefore controlled the groups." Lucas set his half empty drink down and walked over to a chair gesturing for me to sit in a second chair close to his.

After I sat myself down, he began his story again.

"Since you've lived in Seoul for a good amount of time, you surely know that South Korea and China don't have the best relations."

I nodded. There was a lot of racism and discrimination against the Chinese that was so prevalent in South Korea that even non-Chinese foreigners could spot it.

"Well SM was one of the worst when it came to his opinions on the group's nationality."

"But, why would he organize a Chinese group if he was so.....you know."

Lucas smiled at my inquiry.

"Well you see, that's...Hiccup!... the thing. SM might have hated the Chinese, but this man was so money hungry that he was willing to put aside his racism just so that he could tap the Chinese market." He got up from his chair and walked over to the bar and started making a new drink despite his still being half full on the table next to him. "Unfortunately for us, he still had no problem showing favoritism."

I curiously look over at Lucas' hands and see that he's making a gin and tonic and realize that he is probably making it for me.

"During the mission, there was a huge fuck up and one of the NCT 127 members found himself chickening out. It was one of the newer recruits. A young boy, only 14 years old. The same age I was at the time." He let out a sigh as if he felt sorry for the boy.

"Basically he was supposed to stand watch at the docks and quietly dispose of anyone who entered the guard check station that wasn't supposed to be there. The only problem was that this kid had never been on a mission before let alone killed anyone. So, when a regular guard was about to enter the station, he hid under a table." Lucas angerly slammed his hands down on the bar, knocking the gin and tonic over, spilling it everywhere. "Under a FUCKING TABLE!"

His breathing was heavy, and I couldn't help but let out a small yelp out of surprise from the outburst.

"SM's inability to properly organize and assign roles ended up with my father's right-hand man losing his life and most of the gang ending up behind bars. Not just in prison, but in Korean prison!" As if he just now noticed the mess he had created, Lucas picked up a rag that was resting on a nearby bar stool and started wiping up the spilled concoction.

"And do you wanna know what happened to the imprisoned members of NCT 127?"

I nod my head, not wanting to further irritate the man who was visibly becoming more and more angry as his told the tale.