ten.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧⠀⠀

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

it's been a couple days since taehyung came unannounced to his house, and the ravenette has seen him since. today was another gloomy day as jungkook stood behind the counter and waited for customers to come inside, an equally gloomy yuqi standing beside him.

"dude this weather sucks." she said. her chin was resting in her palm and her eyes stared out the window of the smoothie cafe. jungkook just started to wipe tables down to occupy his boredom.

"mhm." he hummed in agreement.

"when's your boyfriend coming?" yuqi asked.

"he's not my boyfriend-"

"jungkook has a boyfriend?" yeosang piped up from the back before walking around to the front counter, "and since when?"

the youngest boy just sighed and kept wiping spills from the tables, "i don't have a boyfriend."

"yes he does," yuqi persisted, "it's that cute guy that shows up every morning to talk to him."

yeosang nodded with a smile, "that's good, get out of here sometimes jungkookie, boyfriend or not." he said. "i'll cut you some strawberries." he added before disappearing to the back.

to be honest, it had bothered the boy a little that taehyung was absent all of a sudden. he hasn't been coming in and his gym buddies were more annoying when the brunette wasn't here to distract him. jungkook assumed he was taking some resting days after whatever issue he encountered, the bruise did looked bad.

"remember i took work off on friday." jungkook brought up a random topic, the cafe was too quiet without any customers and none of them figured out how to get into their managers office to turn up the already soft music. "how could i forget," yuqi laughed, "i don't think i've ever seen you take a day off."

the younger just nodded and sat at one of the tables, silently watching raindrops trickle down the glass in rhythm to the hip hops beats playing above. "there's a new store clothing opening down the road. i was thinking of spoiling myself a little."

"hell yes! you deserved to be spoiled every day of your entire life." yuqi started a rant going on about being spoiled and pursing a healthy lifestyle of shopping with only the about of debt that won't severely tank your future and self esteem about later success.

jungkook tuned it all out, which he'd normally never even consider doing knowing how rude that was, but he couldn't help it. his eyes stayed stuck to the clock on the wall and following the seconds hand as it ticked by so slowly. the time would slow the more he waited for his shift to be over. he just wanted to go home.

it was still gloomy when jungkook walked out of work, the lack of sunlight making everything feel colder even though it should have been summer soon. today felt off somehow, the blandness of the weather and the lack of normalcy had thrown the small boy off.

the townhouse was quiet when he unlocked the door and pushed to open. hoseok must not have been home.

jungkook almost had a heart attack when he rounded the corner and a man was standing in the kitchen.

"oh my god you scared me." the young boy held his hand over his chest in mild fright.

"sorry." yoongi grinned his usual gummy smile, shutting the fridge and turning to just lean against the counter. "i came for hoseok but he doesn't seem to be here."

jungkook hummed and set his bag down on the kitchen stool, searching for his phone just to see no new notifications.

"do you have any plans today kook?" the older guy asked, he hadn't moved from his spot leaning against the counter, eyes stuck on the younger like glue.

he just shook his head. he never had plans.

"you should come out with me tonight, let's go do something fun." yoongi said, finally walking over to the other boy that was sitting on the stool, "what do you think, kid."

the name brought a small frown to his lips, it usually always did. "will hobi hyung go too?"

yoongi was also frowning now, he thought he was being obvious but maybe he had to make it more obvious to this boy. "i was thinking just you and me."

"oh." jungkook said. he was playing with his phone in his hands and purposely not looking up at the older guy. he's known yoongi for a while now, he tends to be around with hoseok, but jungkook never really talked to him until recently. yoongi was kinda scary. "like as friends?" jungkook asked.

yoongi just chuckled, "we can see where it goes."

usually he would politely decline, make up some excuse to stay home and drink his tea before showering and going to bed early enough to get all his hours of sleep. but he wasn't in the mood to sit alone at home again. it's only been recent that jungkook started to feel like he's been missing out, on everything. these were the prime years of young adult life where he should be partying and drinking and experimenting and living.

jungkook looked back down at his phone and noticed the lack of notifications, his frowning deepening. "let me go get changed."

——

they were driving somewhere. jungkook wasn't sure where they were going so he dressed his best in a pair of ripped jeans and a nice yellow sweater.

yoongi hadn't spoken much besides asking if he wanted the radio one or not, jungkook wanted it on, the silence was too much.

it didn't take long for the younger boy to realize how little the pair had to talk about, their interests and lives so wildly different it left little for conversation. the radio would just speak for them tonight.

"we're here." yoongi pulled over on the side of the road. it was further from the city, more homes here with yards and fences. jungkook peered out the window to the house they were in front of. it looked empty.

"is it a party?" jungkook asked, almost hopeful to finally go to one with someone.

"just a hangout." yoongi said, shoving his keys into his pocket and walking up the driveway to the front door.

the small ravenette grabbed his phone and quickly followed behind the older guy, his converse hitting the concrete and echoing in the quiet night.

┆♡┆