(62): Nirvana

happy Friday everyone. rlly rlly hope you enjoy this 🖤

***

I haven't seen Kyle in almost two days now and I seriously miss him. He just stopped coming to visit me and I don't know why. I know he was angry and agitated about the whole Riley, Jake and Forrest's thing, but why is he taking it out on me? I did nothing.

Ugh!

"Are you sure you'll be fine, princess?" Dad asks for what feels like the 100th time after putting his signature down on the release form.

I nod "Yes, dad"

The nurse laughs watching us "I think she'll be okay, Mr Richards" She says on my behalf.

It's 16:30 now and I'm finally getting released from the hospital. I feel very much okay... physically so I'm grateful. I just have a few scars and bruises still but that's about it, no crutches or neck brace.

The nurse said my recovery was fairly speedy because they expected to keep me here for a week more. I was going to lose my mind. I mean, I liked doing nothing the whole day and just laying on a bed, but it got boring after a while especially when Kyle stopped coming.

I went for a scan three times a day, had three meals too, my friends came to visit every day and that was kind of it. I only started walking by myself two days ago because my nurse would put me in a wheelchair whenever I was off my bed. It was uncomfortable at first but then I got used to it. I really am okay thought and I'm very happy about that.

"All done?" Winnie walks into the room offering me a small smile.

"Yes" I reply at seeing her.

Dad gets my attention by placing a soft kiss on my temple "Okay well, you'll let me know when you get to your place, right?"

"Yes, dad" I assure with a meek smile.

He looks at me for a while longer to make sure I'm really okay before waving at all of us and exiting my hospital room. He wanted to go drop me off himself even though he has a Zoom meeting soon but I assured him that Winnie and I would be okay.

He's been coming to visit everyday and I've never been more grateful. Mom left and he's been doing a good job playing both their roles.

"He's cute" Winnie snorts looking at me.

I laugh softly "He honestly worries too much. Anyways thank you for coming to pick me up"

"Anytime" She waves off.

"Okay well let me leave you ladies" My nurse says giving me a smile and I give her one back "I hope you'll recover fully very soon, Chels" She says hugging me "You'll be able to find your way out, right?"

"Of course" I reply and she waves before also exiting my room.

Winnie grabs my duffel bag for me, even though I can hold it for myself, and we slowly make our way out and finally into her car. I'm kind of scared being in a car again but I swallow my fear and put on a brave face.

"I am so glad to be out" I sigh fastening my seatbelt securely "I was definitely getting way too used to the hospital smell"

She laughs "Same"

"Winnie" I start softly, concerned "You still haven't heard from Kyle yet?"

She shakes her head regretfully "Nothing"

That's so weird. I know it probably has something to do with Riley because she also hasn't come to see me. Monty left a day after he came to visit me, but he told me that Riley was staying behind. I'm so confused.