You Are My Sunshine

The next morning the hunter woke up startled. In his dreams he'd been chased by a pack of wolves, bitten, hurt. He knew that was probably caused by the pain his actual bruises sent on him or his constant instincts of survival playing tricks on him.

The sun was just rising, and the prince was still sound asleep in his arms. He smiled sweetly, his heart warming up at how utterly adorable he looked asleep. He wished he could find him like this every morning.

Keith was having the most amazing dream, just hanging out with Lance for an entire day, abandoned together in the Castle. No one else was there.

Keith dragged Lance through the long halls, the air filled with sunshine and laughter, and they talked and smiled and ran until the sun set. It was so beautiful, the way the sun reflected on Lance's smooth features and cascaded off his shirtless body. Gorgeous.

And then they crawled into Keith's own, red sheeted bed and cuddled until they fell asleep. Too bad it was just a dream. Or...

Keith's eyes slowly fluttered open and the body half beneath him moved as well. It was Lance. They had fallen asleep together. Oh god, how had that happened?

The headache pounded through Keith's head, but he managed to ignore it for long enough to pull Lance closer and push his face into that warm chest. He wasn't truly awake yet.

When he realised what he was doing, his eyes widened and he backed away instantly. Waaayy too close. You didn't ask for permission, idiot. Had he pulled Lance close in his sleep? Had he done something inappropriate? Keith couldn't remember anything, the alcohol really having messing with his mind.

He rolled onto his back and groaned out loud, reaching for his head. "Oh god... Good morning, Lance." The taste in his mouth was disgusting. Shouldn't have drunk that much.

"Good morning, handsome," the hunter replied with a soft chuckle, remembering everything that had happened yesterday. He was alright, he hadn't drunk that much and managed to get all of that on his system without a problem. Not unlike the cheap beer from the village, he'd had quite some trouble keeping It down. 

He lowkey wished Keith wouldn't have backed away so suddenly. Was he embarrassment or did he regret sleeping with him? He sure hoped that wasn't the case. 

He sat up and stretched his arms, yawning In the process before looking at the prince again. "How are you feeling? You didn't look so good yesterday," he commented casually, testing the prince to see if he remembered anything and to which extent.

Keith closed his eyes for a moment as he sat up. God, his head felt horrible. He hadn't looked good last night? Shit what had he done? 

"I'm.. I'm sorry for anything I might have done. I think I overestimated my own tolerance for that stuff. Did I.. Did I do anything embarrassing?" He brushed his hair back and tied it up. That was better. 

His cheeks carried a light red blush, afraid of anything Lance might say. What had he done? The tone of Lance's voice made the Prince think of unwanted kisses or embarrassing stories. He hadn't done anything inappropriate, right? 

He took a few steps to get away from the other boy and looked for his water flask in his bags. He was never drinking around Lance again. But then again, waking up in that boys arms was the most magical thing to ever have existed, and Keith definitely wanted that again. It'd be cool to remember how he'd gotten there, though. Had he forced Lance in any way? Had Lance wanted it too?