3

Morgan's eyes slowly fluttered open, immediately forming into a squint due to the blinding sunlight spilling through the curtains in the room

Morgan's eyes slowly fluttered open, immediately forming into a squint due to the blinding sunlight spilling through the curtains in the room. She felt around the bed for her phone, checking the time with a sigh. It was only 9:30, three hours before her actual alarm.

Unfortunately, she wasn't the type to fall asleep after initially waking up, so she decided to get out of bed and start her day. She was still staying with Kionni so she made sure to creep out of the bedroom quietly making her way to the kitchen.

She decided to give her younger brother a call to pass some time before she had to get ready for work. Propping the phone up on the kitchen counter she face timed Elijah, who was an early riser like herself.

"Good Morning Boog!" she greeted with a smile, happy to see her brother's face. "How are you? You with Mar?" she questioned, reaching above her into a cabinet to grab a bowl for some cereal.

"Mornin' Nunu. Yeah I'm at Mar house, I'm good. You aight?" he asked, still in bed himself. While he typically woke up early, it was a fight to actually get him out of the bed. She began pouring herself a bowl her favorite cereal, frosted flakes before answering.

"I'm cool. Lee and Kiki convinced me to go out last night, and I'm mad I still woke up this early," she replied with an eye roll. "Y'all got anything going on today?" she asked, sitting at the dining room table.

"Yeah I think-" he began to respond when Jamari busted through the door. "Damn nigga! It's early as hell and you being loud," he scolded, causing his friend and Morgan to burst into laughter.

Upon hearing her laugh, Jamari snatched Elijah's phone and grinned into the camera.

"Is that my wife? Hey baby," He spoke slickly, making Morgan laugh a bit, shaking her head. Jamari had a crush on Morgan when he was 11, and has been calling her his wife since then, much to his best friends annoyance.

"Hi Mar Mar. Are you behaving?" she questioned feigning a stern tone, and he nodded.

"Always, mama. That's your brother always causing trouble." He said, and Elijah sucked his teeth, getting up to snatch his phone back.

"Stop flirting with her, ugly ass nigga. I'm finna shower, get out," he demanded, pushing him out of the door while Jamari yelled a goodbye to Morgan. "Anyway, we're going tux shopping for prom, and then to graduation rehearsal. You took off for my graduation right?" he asked, knowing she did, but just making sure nothing came up.

"Of course I did! I will be the loudest person in there, believe me. Don't forget to send me pictures of the tux and the corsage so I can see before we buy it," she reminded him. He shook his head, smiling at his sister.

"Mo, I told you I'm gonna buy my own suit, I got it." He tried to persuade. She wasn't having it, though. She was determined to give her brother a better high school experience than her own, so she promised him she'd take care of everything.