(7) - The Checkup

(a/n: Autumn's outfit above)

"Wake up! Wake up! We are going to be late!" Nessa yells, throwing the pink fluffy pillow on my face which was really unnecessary because I was already awake. Freaking crazy.

"Ness! Really! Why did you do that?!" I throw the pillow again, aiming it at her. She easily dodges it, grinning a toothless smile.

"You weren't moving. We have to go. It's time to meet my future angel. Let's go," She claps her together excitedly, pushing herself off the bed running into my closet. Excited much?

Ever since that day, I found out I was 'pregnant' I fainted because of stress and the stock of the unexpected surprise of my life. Soon enough, Nessa went overboard claiming she would be the best aunt and she started buying baby clothes. Like wow, she's a lunatic but she has supported me in ways a real best friend should.

I still can't believe that I am pregnant. Nessa tells me I should just accept it already and move on. I would but it's not everyday you get accidentally pregnant.

Today, is the day I meet my little JellyBean. Nessa booked an appointment with my doctor a few days after the fainting incident. I am a little scared actually I'm a lot scared about this whole thing. Questions and doubts fill my mind every single day.

Will I be the worst mother in history? I'm I even ready for this? I am very paranoid about this whole situation and what makes it bad is I don't even know who the father is.

Going based on what I know with the timing of my pregnancy it had to be the night I had my first regrettably one night stand. The problem is I was too drunk that night to remember details like the guy's features. I can't bring myself to remember how he looks like. You had one job, Autumn.

There's white and black in remembering the father of my child. I know he was sexy, hot and also sweet and so many other things but other than that I don't remember. I remember our movements but not his face. Of course, me out of all people would do that. Remember the sex and not the guy. Get caught up in the moment, and his talented di.. yeah let's not talk about that right now.

I don't even know his name which makes the whole situation worse. He deserves to know that he is a father and I can't take that right away even if I wanted to. But since I don't who he is and his name or his exact features, I have to this by myself. That's what I get for not paying attention and hooking up with a complete stranger.

I get up from the warm bed, unhappy I have to get up in the first place. The outfit Nessa picked out from the closet earlier hung on a hanger hook which was attached to the the door knob. It was a white button up shirt paired with a colorful cardigan which matched perfectly with the light blue jeans. It complemented my body in every form which was awesome for me. It was cute and comfortable. Once I was done, I left the room going to the kitchen.

"I'm ready!" I grabbed my purse on the kitchen counter, looking at Nessa she had a croissant in her hand.

"Let's go. This is for you," She gives me the croissant making me in a better mood than before. I was starving and this is just what I needed.

~
"Hello, I'm Mrs. Price. You must be Miss Black," She extends her hand in a handshake which I gladly take. She looked to be about thirty two, which was young. I was expecting a fifth two year old for some weird reason. She had black hair that fell in a tight bun and her smile was priceless and genuine. She  had big brown eyes like me.

"You can call me Autumn, Miss Black makes me feel old," She chuckles but nods. She looked very intelligent and kind judging from our interaction so far.

"So, who must you be? Sister?" She gives a look at Nessa who smiles and extends her hand again like the doctor did a second ago.

"Actually no, she's is my best friend but she is like my sister," I inform the doctor. She smiles and tells us to take a seat. I take a seat on the bar, doctor offices usually have for the patients while Nessa takes a seat on the chair next to me.

"Okay, getting down to business, what we have plan for today is we need to take a blood test to ensure if you don't have any health issues or anything we need to worry about,"

"Make a plan and schedule for a next time visit. I also need to ask questions about your health history. Is that okay?" She asks me but the only thing I can think of is how I'm going to get through this. This is all too much. I can't, I'm not ready. I start to panic as I felt a hand tug my hand. I look at Nessa who sends a comforting smile that said everything I needed to hear.

Turning back to the doctor, I nod and wait for further instructions from her.

~

(a/n: I actually don't know what questions they ask at a first time appointment because I never been pregnant before so I'm sorry if I got anything wrong)

"Okay, so now that we are done with the blood test. I need to ask standard questions for you. You have a choice to answer the privately," She explained, smiling between me and Nessa, I shake my head, telling it's okay for Ness to stay.

"Did you ever had an STD before?" Oh god.

"No," I pray to Jesus it stays that way.

"Do you have a factor such as depression, anxiety? Or mental or a physical disorder?"

"No, I don't."

"Do you currently take any medication?" No, only when I have bad cramps. This is one of reason why I hate being a girl. You always have periods and it hurts like a bee word.

"I only take medicine for cramps. Is it a problem?" I ask anxiously, worriness clear in my voice.

"It can be if you take the wrong one. If you have cramping in the future make sure to contact me or your mid-wife to make sure its okay,"

"Ok,"

"And finally do you have any allergies or any questions?"

"Uhh...thats a no on the allergies but I can't drink caffeine or fish right?"

"Well yes, you can't eat caffeine, tuna, processed meat or junk food. You can eat junk food but as of now it can cause miscarriage and later on the child has a risk factor of childhood obesity,"

I can't eat McDonalds or Chick Fil A anymore?! Wait, what?!

~

Omg! Two updates in a day!! I'm so happy

Omg! Two updates in a day!! I'm so happy. Thanks for all the votes and comments. I'm sorry if this chapter was a bit boring but I make it up later on. 
Anyways, Until Next Time....

Love, The Author

-Katherine