(10) - Fast Forward

Third POV
Three Years Later...

Autumn never knew she would get this far in life. She thought graduating high school, getting a career, buying an apartment with her best friend or even being independent was the biggest accomplishment she could ever do. Wrong. It was her little bundle of joy, her little JellyBean who had won that title.

Ever since she found out of the news of her pregnancy she was shocked, scared, and also worried. I mean who wouldn't be? She wasn't employed or even knew the father of her child whom she have yet met again.

The father of her child probably didn't know that the their little bundle of joy existed but that was okay with Autumn. She has grown up with the fact that the father wasn't in the picture but that didn't mean her bundle of joy wouldn't have one. Autumn knew her little JellyBean was growing well and older, meaning eventually he is going to ask about his father. She didn't want to explain he was an 'accident' because in her eyes he couldn't be anything but that.

Autumn belovedly believed everything happened for a reason. She believed her JellyBean was the most utter precious gift any man could give her. She was thankful that she met that stranger that night.

Three years ago she was interviewed for the new marketing director position her current company had offered. By that time she barely received the news that she was pregnant, she was jobless until her company that she works for now saved her. Three years ago, that Friday afternoon she ensured she would get the job for her child and herself and she did. She nailed the interview and got the job. Now working at Co Tech Industries, she was able to pull through and support herself and her child.

Living happily with no regrets came Autumn and her best friend Nessa who supported her since the very start. The only difference between the two came a new addition to the their family, her Issac.

The little boy as Autumn predicted was filled with light and playfulness. Her little Issac was the happiest kid around and it was hard for people not to fall in love with him. He was adorable with his dirty blonde hair and captivating blue eyes. Autumn knew her son would be quite a charmer among the ladies.  She would make sure her son wouldn't be a player who would toss women like play toys because she despised that in anyone. Well.. she couldn't have any say in anyone's life and who they do but she would do everything in her power to prevent her son from being that. She wanted her son to be respectful and have manners. Most people nowadays are rude and selfish towards elders and other people.

Even after three years of being a mother, she couldn't believe it. She felt her little Issac was a dream, a dream that was wonderful and fulfills your heart in all the right places. After a hard day of work, going home was the best thing. She would come home to Issac everyday with a chaste smile.

4:30 p.m

It read in the clock. It was time to see Issac. Packing her things excitedly and swiftly. She grabs her purse and the work files of the project that her team has been working on before placing it and locking it into her desk drawer.

Waking out of the office with a grin on her face, she greets her co-workers goodbye as most of them are heading out as well. There hasn't been much change for Autumn the past three years. It was the same as ever. Still single, and young nothing change except that now she has Issac and she lives without Nessa. Sadly.

Autumn moved out of the apartment she shared with Nessa a year after Issac was born. At first the two girls were relentless to leave each other but it was overturned when Autumn reasoned that she needed to learn to be more independent with herself and her baby and shouldn't allow Nessa to help more than she already did. It wasn't fair to Nessa who still wanted to be free as a bird. It wasn't a bad idea because the two have their own space now. It helped that Autumn moved a floor lower so that Nessa wouldn't be too far. They didn't want to take a drastic step and living in the same building helped a lot.

Now stepping into the busy streets of New York, Autumn walks to her apartment building. It wasn't far of a distance. It was a twenty minute walk from her workplace to her home. She felt if she took a taxi she would waste more money than necessary. It wasn't worth staying in traffic another hour. The famous city of New York had traffic left and right making it almost impossible to travel places so fast. It was normal for people to walk so it wasn't that big of a deal. Not that Autumn mind, it was her little exercise for the day. She actually loved it. It was a way that she could hear the loud streets and the different people who pass by, each sharing a different type of mood and emotion. She thought as she continued walking.

~
I made it. She said to herself as she looked at the door of her apartment.

Pulling her keys from her purse, she unlocked it with a click sound. A tired expression in her eyes as she shuts the door close and puts her purse down on the living room couch.

Her tired face soon disappears when she hears her little Angel's tiny footsteps running across the wooden floor.

"Mommy!" He yells, through the room. Autumn quickly crouches down to his level hugging him tightly and never letting go.

"Hi, baby. Mommy misses you," She coos to Issac before picking him up, settling him on her hip. What a day.

"I muss mommy, too." Autumn laughs at the mispronunciation. She has been teaching Issac words and trying to get him ready for school. It wasn't as easy as she thought. She wasn't a teacher so yeah. He always had the words right but somehow he messed it up at the end which was okay since he was still learning.

"It's miss baby, miss."

Issac corrects himself, "I miss you, too. I love you,"

"I love you too baby, I love you so much." She gives Issac a nose kiss, as Issac returns it with a giggle.

"Mommy, I'm hungry." He pouts his lower lips, nestling closer to his mother's chest.

"Okay, want do you want to eat?"

"Chicken," He relies with a sheepish smile. Of course Issac would say that. Chicken was his favorite among with nuggets and pasta.

"Ok, honey. I'll do it." She said now putting Issac down.

"Come on," She gestures her Issac to take. "You're helping Mommy," Issac grins connecting his mother's and his hand together.

~

Yess!! Okay, that it guys for this chapter

Yess!! Okay, that it guys for this chapter. Can you believe it? It's been three years. Three. Anyways...until next time.

Love, The Author

-Katherine