Chapter twenty four-Blair's parents

We're sadly back at school but at least I get to see Tess. She's been really busy lately.

"Hi," I said when I saw Tess at her locker.

"Hi," she replied with a wide smile.

"Did you enjoy the party?" I asked curiously.

"Yeah, you looked really good in your Supergirl costume," Tess said.

"How do you know? I didn't see you," I questioned with a perplexed expression.

"I saw you before you left," Tess replied sounding slightly on edge.

"Oh, okay."

The bell rung cutting the conversation short.

"I'll see you at lunch?" I asked.

"Yeah," Tess replied before rushing of in a hurry; I guess she really loves her drama class?

***

I have Art first lesson, which means Blair is also in that lesson. Even though we've been dating for a while I still feel a slight flutter as I think of her name.

***

I sat down at my assigned seat and Blair quickly follows as soon as she's through the door.

"Hey," she says whilst sitting down.

"Hi," I replied instantly smiling.

We listened to the teacher talk about what to do, this lesson we're starting a new project. Blair partnered up with me as we'll have to do some at each other's houses.

"You better not distract me when we do the project at home," I said playfully.

"I don't know distracting you could be pretty fun," she quipped back with a wink.

"Depends on what you have in mind," I said playing along.

"It's a surprise," she replied with a smirk.

***

As soon as I got to the lunch table Tess was practically begging me to go to the school play that's being performed in a week. I agreed because it's a big thing for her and if I'm honest I can't wait to see her acting, apparently she's playing a baddie. She must be good at acting because I'd never imagined that she would be able to pull it off.

"Is Noah going to be in it?" I asked.

"Yeah, who is this Noah?" April questioned.

"He transferred schools so no," Tess replied confidently.

"Wasn't that a bit fast?" I asked feeling slightly discombobulated.

"No he was planning it for a while just didn't tell anyone," Tess responded.

"It's funny that I never noticed him," April replied.

"Yeah well he was quiet, anyway how has your day been?" Tess said changing the subject.

***

After school I decided to walk with Blair, we'd planned earlier that we should at least start the research part of our project.

"We should be fine to work in the living room; my parents aren't going to be home for a few hours," Blair said as she opened the front door of her house.

As I walked through the door the place is crowded with family photos. There all lining the walls of Blair and her sister at all different points of their life.

"I swear my parents hang up the most embarrassing photos," Blair said seeing me looking at them.

"I think it's sweet," I replied smiling.