016

Getaway

The hybrid's worst fears came true much too soon for their dismay, every muscle tensing on Yoongi's back as one of the guard hybrids rushes in, his eyes wide and his breathing labored

"They're here." He pants out, resting his hands on his knees. "Four of them. All armed and trying to break in from the south entrance."

Upon hearing the news, Yoongi grits his teeth an clenches his fists. I thought we would have more time. He thinks to himself tightening his grip.

"H-hyung," Taehyung starts, slightly jumping when Yoongi's eyes shift to him, "remember the place I told you about? It's completely safe. I promise." He says with pleading eyes, and Yoongi sighs knowing that they don't have much of an option. The hybrid's safety being top priority at the moment.

"Fine." Yoongi says averting his gaze somewhere else, not believing the words that were about to come out of his mouth. "Make the call."

Taehyung nods his head and rushes to Namjoon and EunMin, both immediately sprinting into action as soon as they see everyone moving around.

The hybrids waste no time packing their things, double checking that they have everything they need before they gather back in the common area, surprising the detectives by how quick they are.

"What's the status?" Yoongi asks avoiding making eye contact with either detective.

"Backup is on its way." Namjoon says, handing his belt and jacket to EunMin, who gives him a reassuring nod as he starts walking away.

"What are you doing?" Yoongi questions, stopping Namjoon as he climbs the first step of the metal latter.

"I'm going to throw them off your scent to buy you some time." Namjoon replies shaking the hybrid's hand off, resuming his climb back to the forest. "I'll give EunMin a signal and then you can head out." He adds before closing the door above them.

Yoongi rolls his eyes at the detective, not used to being given orders, but he just hopes that their plan worked, so pushing his doubts aside, he finally turns and makes eye contact with EunMin.

"What's the plan?" He asks, all eyes on them as EunMin proceeds to explain.

"Since there are around fifteen of you, we will take you by groups of five. Two vehicles will be waiting for us near the edge of the forest and from there we will head to Anpanman." She explains, looking at every hybrid to make sure everyone is on board, but Yoongi slightly scoffs at the plan. She sure makes it sounds so easy. "Is everyone ready?"

The hybrid's look at each other for a brief moment before nodding their heads, and EunMin takes it as a sign to get going. "Alright, first group, please follow me."