"i'm sorry"

i thought about what happened a couple weeks ago. i can still see her face when i admitted i had feelings for her. it was humiliating. we haven't talked since. it's been a good 2 weeks since we have talked. it made me sad. i felt like i should talk to her about it but how did i know if she even wanted to see me? i needed to talk to her.

it was raining. i looked out my window as the rain softly hit the glass. i stayed like that for a while.
"max?" i heard my mom's voice ask me. i turned around.
"i'm going to the store, want to come with?" she asked nicely. i shook my head and looked back at the window.
"i'm okay, thanks though, mom." i said, sighing. she nodded and left. i decided to call el. i dialed her number. it rang and rang, i was starting to think she wasn't going to answer. finally, i heard her voice.
"h-hello?" she said into the phone. i gripped the phone and held it closer to my ear.
"h-h-hi el." i said quietly.
"can we please talk? meet me at my house?" i asked.
"yeah, i'll be there." she said. "bye." we both hung up. i got dressed for the day and walked outside and waited for el to arrive. i looked into the dark gray sky and a raindrop fell onto my nose. i wiped it off and started to go back into my house. suddenly,
"hey, max." i heard a soft voice say. i turned around to find eleven in her raincoat, her bike by her side. she let go of it and walked to me.
"we should... talk." i said. she nodded and we started walking towards the woods.

we walked far out quite a bit, however for the first 5 minutes, we didn't say a word. we stopped and looked toward each other.
"look, el, i wanted to say i'm sorry." i said.
"i'm.... sorry?" el said confusingly.
"yeah i'm-."
"max... you don't need to be sorry." she said getting closer to me. "i'm the one who needs to apologize." i shook my head slightly.
"f-for what?" i asked. she bit her lip and looked down at her shoes.
"i was just such a jerk. i shouldn't have ignored you like that. i should've talked to you about it." i nodded my head. she chuckled and so did i. i decided to finish my sentence.
"listen, i just want to say i'm sorry for saying that and if it made you uncomfortable, i just want to say i didn't mean to do that." i said strongly. she gave a tiny smile. she grabbed my hands.
"max, can we talk to each other again?" el asked me desperately. i looked at our holding hands and looked back up to el's pretty face.
"yeah, i'd like that." we both smiled. we headed back to my house, the rain started to really pour down. we put our hoods to our raincoats on and ran to my house.

we arrived at my house and took off our raincoats.
"you can stay here until the rain slows down." i told el. she nodded as she unzipped her wet red coat.